Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: How to turn off Service Light - NetworX

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How to turn off Service Light - NetworX



    I got a NetworX Series NX 8 Home Alarm, the Service Light is on even though no problem for the alarm, how can I turn off the Light ?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Alham



  2. #2
    Member Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Hello alham,

    You will need to press[*], [2].
    If you see number 6 then you'll need to check your phone line.
    If you see number 8 then you'll need to set your time and date. This information is in the user manual.
    For everything else you'll probably have to get some help from your local security alarm technician.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Security For This Useful Post:

    alham (26-01-10)

  4. #3
    Senior Member bss904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NOT in Thailand
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 160 Times in 101 Posts
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alham View Post
    I got a NetworX Series NX 8 Home Alarm, the Service Light is on even though no problem for the alarm, how can I turn off the Light ?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Alham
    Well if there is no problem with the alarm then i would send it back with a tag saying "faulty service light".

    or

    you could open up your user manual on page 20 and read what it says.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to bss904 For This Useful Post:

    alham (26-01-10)

  6. #4
    Member Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Well... It is an NX. The real solution:


    ...but I don't think alham is planning on getting something else unless the NX is legitimately busted.

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Gameroom cash,
    After I press[*], [2], I see the number 8, the manual ask me refer to page 15, but that page is for " Viewing Phone Numbers ".
    I find " Set System Date & Time on Manual page 13 & 14.
    I will try tomorrow, see whether it work.
    Thank you very much for your help
    Regards
    Alham

  8. #6
    Super Moderator WhiteOx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, Nsw
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 503 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gameroom cash?

  9. #7
    Senior Member bss904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NOT in Thailand
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 160 Times in 101 Posts
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    i think the lights are on but no ones home.

  10. #8
    Member Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    alham,

    If you see the number 8 then it's a time/date issue.
    The procedure below is from the user manual...

    Setting the Date:
    • Press * [9] [6]
    • Enter the master code (Eg. 1234)
    • Enter the day of the week. (1=Sunday, 2=Monday, 3=Tuesday,...)
    • Enter the Month. (Two digits. Eg. 01 for Janurary)
    • Enter the day of the month. (Eg. 25)
    • Enter the last two digits of the year. (Eg. 10)
    • Press # to exit.


    Setting the Time:
    • Press * [9] [7]
    • Enter the master code (Eg. 1234)
    • Enter the current hour. (24 hour format. Eg. 23 = 11PM)
    • Enter the curent minute. (Eg. 08)
    • Press # to exit.


    If you have any trouble with the above procedure, I'd strongly recommend calling a local security tech.
    Last edited by Security; 25-01-10 at 03:23 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Security For This Useful Post:

    alham (25-01-10)

  12. #9
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney :P~~~
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 61 Times in 46 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Security View Post
    Well... It is an NX. The real solution:


    ...but I don't think alham is planning on getting something else unless the NX is legitimately busted.
    Whats wrong with DAS Panels ?
    Very reliable, full of features?

  13. #10
    Senior Member intelliGEORGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,067
    Thanks
    876
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 675 Posts
    Rep Power
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Whats wrong with DAS Panels ?
    Very reliable, full of features?
    Probably nothing wrong with them now, but in the early days us installers were the R&D guys. Once bitten twice shy...

  14. #11
    Senior Member downunderdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Metropolitan
    Posts
    2,103
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 466 Times in 320 Posts
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Most fault lights can simply be disconnected. As a temporary workaround, users can apply some black electrical tape. This can be purchased at any Coles Supermarket and saves unnecessary service calls..

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

    Security (25-01-10)

  16. #12
    Member Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Thumbs down

    What don't I like about GE's NX panels?
    • Prone to production faults - Although I must admit I have not had anything to do with small panels for quite a few years.
    • Featureless - Although I hear the new Reliance series is better?
    • With the lack or features / functionality I would hardly claim it as value for money.

    For me if I have to go for anything low end, it's Paradox without question. Concept for the middle market and Casi-Rusco for enterprise.

    Sorry to unintentionally sabotage the thread alham. Did you figure out the time/date thing?

  17. #13
    Member Keystone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    QLD.
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Most fault lights can simply be disconnected. As a temporary workaround, users can apply some black electrical tape. This can be purchased at any Coles Supermarket and saves unnecessary service calls..

    Or for those that know their panels can simply disable it via * 93 - 7

  18. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    yes had a tech do that once to this day i reckon the faults still there but no body knows or cares

  19. #15
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney :P~~~
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 61 Times in 46 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Security View Post
    What don't I like about GE's NX panels?
    • Prone to production faults - Although I must admit I have not had anything to do with small panels for quite a few years.
    • Featureless - Although I hear the new Reliance series is better?
    • With the lack or features / functionality I would hardly claim it as value for money.

    For me if I have to go for anything low end, it's Paradox without question. Concept for the middle market and Casi-Rusco for enterprise.

    Sorry to unintentionally sabotage the thread alham. Did you figure out the time/date thing?
    What features are missing?
    They can do 4 card readers with strikes, arm disarm with remotes, full wireless integration, voice module for remote accessing the system, the list goes on and on, its full of features man

  20. #16
    Member Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    What features are missing?
    They can do 4 card readers with strikes, arm disarm with remotes, full wireless integration, voice module for remote accessing the system, the list goes on and on, its full of features man
    Paradox can manage 32 doors, has 2 way remotes, remotes with keypads, SMS control with feedback, control via web interface, voice module, intercom, IP reporting, SIA reporting....
    They also have wireless keypads, sirens, PIRs, smoke detectors, relays, reeds,...
    The average wireless range is 150m. I've got a client that has a 2 way remote he can open his garage door (with feedback) over 200m away!

    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure NX does not have half of the features I mentioned above. I used to be a NX fan myself (still have quite a few in the shed) but I found something new. At the moment I believe Paradox is the market leader. If Bosch, Ness, whoever come up with a better product the same value as Paradox, I'll switch to them.

Similar Threads

  1. DAS NetworX Series NX4
    By AussieFX in forum Security Alarms
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-10-10, 12:07 AM
  2. How to turn off service light on NetworX NX-16
    By kary in forum Security Alarms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-09, 09:21 PM
  3. Networx NX-4
    By MrTanz in forum Security Alarms
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-07-09, 08:39 PM
  4. Need help with Networx NX4
    By EGB in forum Security Alarms
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13-01-09, 09:13 PM
  5. Free GPS + turn by turn directions download for mobile
    By Boiled Ice in forum Mobile Phones
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-08, 06:54 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •