Thread: Suggestions for a solution - 3G bridged VPN for ip cameras

Thanks

Default Suggestions for a solution - 3G bridged VPN for ip cameras

Gday....

I'm hoping someone here might have already come across this issue and found a solution for it?

My application is as follows:

Router 1 (Billion 7800vdox) is located in an office with ADSL connection and has a publicly routable IP address. It serves one pic, and a printer, plus the occasional wifi feed to phone/laptop etc.

Router 2 (Billion 7800dx) is located off site and has a 3G connection and a private NATed IP address.
    It has 4 IP cameras plugged into its Ethernet ports, and serves no other function.

I would like to be able to see the 4 cameras as an extension of the office LAN (bridged).

I have setup a VPN tunnel over PPTP and was successfully able to see Router 2 from the office PC, but was unable to see any of the IP cameras.

I need (in my opinion, which I am happy to be corrected!!) to run Router 2 in bridged mode to make it part of the existing LAN, but the equipment does not allow 3G bridging....

I am happy to be able to connect to the cameras via a different subnet, but the cameras need to be port forwarded to have connectivity from the outside world...I can't seem to achieve this because of the NAT issue.

Mikrotik routers have an EoIP over VPN function that may solve the issue, but that's a whole new ballgame.

Has anyone got some ideas that might help me sort this other than buying different P2P cameras and a SIM that gives a publicly routable IP which I have tried, but Telstra only gives Telstra.extranet APNs to multi account corporates.....sighhh

Thanks in advance!!!

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Can't help directly, but there was a recent discussion in the Internet forum re publicly routable IP's on 3G/4G which may assist.

Thanks

Hiya....

yep...that was my thread

Thank you!