Thread: Mikrotik routers - your assistance and guidance please??

Thanks

Default Mikrotik routers - your assistance and guidance please??

Hi,

I am hoping there are some users familiar with Mikrotik routers who might be able to recommend gear for my application, and/or offer some guidance.

I want to do an offsite camera setup with 4 remote hikvision ip cameras (port forwarding required).

The offsite router needs only 4 Ethernet ports (one for each camera) and must be able to support 3/4g pptp VPN tunnel to allow connection to an office based ADSL router.

I have specified Mikrotik routers, as they are the only routers I know of that allow EoIP over a VPN tunnel to allow devices to communicate over a NATed remote 3/4g connection.

Is anyone familiar with mikrotik and can suggest suitable equipment based on my needs??

Cheers!!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi,

any Routerboard from Mikrotik can do this, but in your case I would sugest hEX PoE lite. It has 4 POE ports that you can connect directly your cameras without the hassle of many cables and adapters. It is also very cheap.

Thanks

Thanks for that!! 🙂

I've checked out the specs, and it seems like it will do everything I want....and yep, great price too!

Cheers!