Default sql 2008 run?

Hi
    I installed sql 2008 how do i run the software? Thanks

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Why did you install it?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Hi techy21,

Some of us know a lot about SQL server and are willing to give our time to help you out. However, this is the fourth thread I've seen that you've created asking for help with SQL server. As with the three previous ones, you really haven't given us much to go on - we need a bit more than one terse line. It would also be a nice courtesy if you gave some feedback as to whether the advice you've been given has been useful or not. If this thread goes the same way as the previous three, then this will be the last time I respond to one of your requests for help with MS SQL Server.

SQL Server itself runs as a headless background process - Windows task manager should show an executable called sqlservr.exe running. If you have one of the paid-for editions of SQL server (Standard Edition / Enterprise Edition / Developer Edition etc), then the default install will have included "SQL Server Management Studio" (SSMS), which gives you a nice GUI for managing SQL.

If you are using the free "SQL Server Express Edition", then SSMS is not present by default. The command line "osql.exe" is present, but it is awkward to use if you are used to a GUI.

You can download the free "SQL Server Management Studio Express here:

For SQL Server express, you need to connect to an instance named SQLEXPRESS. Depending on how SQL has been installed (if the Browser service is present), you may be able to browse for the server. If not, you would enter something like "(local)\SQLEXPRESS" as the Server Name when connecting from SSMS or osql.exe.

If you are downloading SQL Server Express in the future, try to find the "SQL Server Express With Tools" next time - it includes management studio and will make life easier for you and for anyone who has to manage the system in the future.
    Last edited by shred; 04-02-16 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks

Nothing... crickets... tumbleweeds. Why am I not surprised?