Thread: Printing problems - Printer spooler not working and/or printing multiple copies

Thanks

Unhappy Printing problems - Printer spooler not working and/or printing multiple copies

I have a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM205 fw and am running Windows 10. It is connected via USB but also has wifi capability.

In the last month and a half it prints once from Word and then stops. If I go into print (Word) it says there is no printer. When I open the Printer queue it tells me the Printer spooler has stopped working.

As a result I have uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers/software, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer in the printer devices area, used a little program from a tech site to fix the problem, gone into printer properties to try an work out the problem. Did a scan of the PC to see if there was some malicious package there - nothing. Changed printer from USB to wifi network....

All to no avail. And now, it not only stops printing, but will then print 3 copies of everything when it does decide to work. Incidentally, when it stops printing, I restart the PC and it then starts printing the page is shouldn't printed originally.

Tearing my hair out and about to throw the printer through the window.

Thanks
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsat View Post
    I have a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM205 fw and am running Windows 10. It is connected via USB but also has wifi capability.

In the last month and a half it prints once from Word and then stops. If I go into print (Word) it says there is no printer. When I open the Printer queue it tells me the Printer spooler has stopped working.

As a result I have uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers/software, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer in the printer devices area, used a little program from a tech site to fix the problem, gone into printer properties to try an work out the problem. Did a scan of the PC to see if there was some malicious package there - nothing. Changed printer from USB to wifi network....

All to no avail. And now, it not only stops printing, but will then print 3 copies of everything when it does decide to work. Incidentally, when it stops printing, I restart the PC and it then starts printing the page is shouldn't printed originally.

Tearing my hair out and about to throw the printer through the window.

Thanks
    The last idea may yet be the one to adopt.

Other than suggesting to see if the printer has a Factory Defaults option, take it to another computer and see what happens or depending on its age, ring the manufacturer and see if they can suggest any solutions.
    Printers seem to get weird and do all sorts of odd things as they age like picking up another sheet part way through a print or sitting there like a lemon doing nothing but if you press print again, it will print at least 2 copies straight away.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (04-03-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I just bought a HP wifi printer for $ 39.00 works perfect.I can print from my mobile,Netbook or Tablet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    The last idea may yet be the one to adopt.

Other than suggesting to see if the printer has a Factory Defaults option, take it to another computer and see what happens or depending on its age, ring the manufacturer and see if they can suggest any solutions.
    Printers seem to get weird and do all sorts of odd things as they age like picking up another sheet part way through a print or sitting there like a lemon doing nothing but if you press print again, it will print at least 2 copies straight away.
    I have a laptop with Windows 7 which I haven't upgraded despite getting the offer. I'll print from that one to see if it is just software. The factory default idea is good too - couldn't see that in the printer menu but it must be there somewhere. ta.
    2.3 M Phoenix C-Band dish, Star C-Band LNBF, 24" Actuator, Phoenix V-box, Strong 4930L decoder & ex-foxtel KU-Band dish, Sharp twin LNBF

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Have you downloaded the appropriate Windows drivers from the Fuji Xerox website? ().

I notice that there is no driver for Windows 10 listed, so try the Windows 8.1 version instead, remembering of course to choose the 32 bit or 64 bit version to match your operating system.

If you still have problems try the Windows 7 version.

Other than that, contact the manufacturer via information on their website.

Thanks

Tried the drivers already. What I did find however is a forum where they suggested going into 'Turn Windows Features On or Off' and under Print and Document Services, checking LDP and LPR and applying the change.
    I did this, and presto the printer spooler started back up straight away without any prompting. No more multiple copies either.

Oh, incidentally, I also deleted everything in the printer system file, which didn't really do much, but might have contributed.

Thanks for the ideas.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattsat For This Useful Post:

dashinson (07-03-16),gordon_s1942 (07-03-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Great to hear all is back to normal but there are times when things like this happen for seemingly no reason.
    Some time ago you installed that Printer or other devise and everything goes along swimmingly until, IT STOPS !!!
    Why? you havent done anything of consequence and trying to find out whats happened and getting it corrected can be an absolute nightmare.
    I makes me think that since the 'device' was installed you may have loaded or deleted items totaly unrelated to the devise or its operation along with Updates for the Computer or any programs you have, like a Virus blocker but something somewhere in the Cyber places, a Bit or a Byte collides with that Bit or Byte and after it happens a time or 2 too many, the Devise crashes......
    In your case a 'Fix' was found and everything is back to normal thankfully but I would bet you would rather not had it happen in the first place.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Update, I spoke too soon. It's not fixed. It also won't allow me to uninstall the software and driver through the program. I can remove the printers from Devices and Printers and the drivers from Manage Devices, but when I restart the computer the printer drivers just magically reappear! I did a scan for malicious SW but there is nothing. Weird.

I think I may have to do a clean re-install my original version of Windows (Pro 7) and upgrade a again to 10 if they offer it again.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

If you are already running W10 you don't have to go through the upgrade process again. All you need do is use the appropriate W10 ISO (Home or Pro) and skip the product code when requested. Time you finally get W10 working (about 1/2 hour if you are observant) you will find that it has automatically activated itself. The only pre-requisite is that you have already had W10 working on that machine. I've done it a few times on different machines so I know it works, and roughly how long it takes. (I use a USB image which may be quicker than a DVD)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (10-03-16),Tiny (10-03-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    If you are already running W10 you don't have to go through the upgrade process again. All you need do is use the appropriate W10 ISO (Home or Pro) and skip the product code when requested. Time you finally get W10 working (about 1/2 hour if you are observant) you will find that it has automatically activated itself. The only pre-requisite is that you have already had W10 working on that machine. I've done it a few times on different machines so I know it works, and roughly how long it takes. (I use a USB image which may be quicker than a DVD)
    Cool, that's handy to know. I always wondered, what's the difference between a USB image as opposed to an install .exe, or are they the same?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

The effects are identical the only difference is the medium. The only issue might be on older gear would be if you can actually boot from a USB device.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mattsat (11-03-16)