Thread: WIN 10 screen savers?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default WIN 10 screen savers?

Every few days I have been getting some really nice screensavers on start up which I would like to keep but I dont know the source and I cant work out how to 'save' them or if they are 'saved', where are they ?

Any suggestions please?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

What you are referring to Gordon; is the W10 Lock screen.

Located @ Settings/Personalization/Lock screen.

By default it is set to Windows Spotlight.

If you click on the arrow to the right of the Spotlight Box & select Picture it will show you the 5 last images used below, you can then select which one you want & it will be used until you change it or change the setting to spotlight again.

Hope that's what you meant.

EDIT: just in case you want the actual location of the source files.
    They are located at: C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Content DeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
    You will need to change the folder view to Hidden Files to find this address.

As they are blank transcoded files, it's best to copy them to desktop, find the one you want, then rename them and save them.
    Not as easy as you may imagine.
    They are changed from time to time by Windows; so all that have been previously used may no longer be there.
    Last edited by Tiny; 21-03-16 at 02:45 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Thanks Tiny, I found that (lock screen) before and got totaly lost with it which is why I was asking.
    If the 'other' wants too much stuffing about to save then I wont bother because I 'rediscovered' Webshots which I had ages ago and there were some great pics on it.
    I reinstalled the program, downloaded a couple of Pics and now trying to get the damn thing to 'slide show' which presently I havent set correctly as I keep getting a black screen and a message to 'fix it' which in my case is easier said than done.
    Thanks again Tiny.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!