Thread: Nissan D40 Diesel - Water in Fuel $5500 Repair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    The sad thing about the Nissan faults, is when you go into a Nissan Dealership...
    You get the old "Oh, that is the first time we have ever heard of that" line......
    Yer. That seems to be rule one for any car dealership mechanic. "We've never seen that happen before".

A friend of mine bought a Nissan Juke - an awfully fuggly softroader thing that I have no idea why anyone would choose. Damn thing kept going in to limp home mode at random intervals. She does a lot of km for work and kept getting the standard line "Nissan say they've never seen one do that" and "we can't reproduce the problem". yadda yadda.

After this had gone on for a while (cutting short a long, involved story) she started to get more than a bit narky about it. We were treated to a regular stream of photos on FaceBook of the thing stranded on the side of the highway in various remote parts of Tassie while she waited for a tow truck _again_.

I did a quick Google search and found a massive thread in a Juke owners forum, started by a guy having exactly the problem she was experiencing and being told "we've never seen one do that". He asked if anyone else had a Juke that randomly went into limp home mode. Cue 25 pages of ranting by other similarly afflicted owners.

She got a new car, but it took a massive fight. How did people resolve these issues without the Internet? Australia desperately needs lemon laws.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (20-05-17)