Thread: tomtom go 730

Thanks

Default tomtom go 730

hi,
    have an old TT go 730,
    is there any 3rd party OS or anything to load on it to make it useful for anything, basically whilst good for its day the tt interface is old and the hardware is slow, my note 3 runs rings around it as a navigator, just wondering what if anything people use these for other than landfill these days?

cheers

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I have two of them and they both work fine.

You just have to keep them updated (at least weekly).

EDIT: If it's running slow, you may have a lot of POI's running in the background.... turn off everything you don't need.
    Last edited by mtv; 07-05-16 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added info

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I too have a TomTom Go730 and its kinda doing my head in. We are off on a trip to Ireland in 13 days time and do you think I can get any Western european maps to work, ? Well I should say maps that are now 3 or 4 years old. Funny thing is I also have a TT XL and have managed to get that going.

Very frustrating to say the least. Maybe I will just buy a new unit when we are over there with the local maps and leave it with my brother to flog off when we come home.

Ahh, 1st world problems..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koshari View Post
    have an old TT go 730,
    is there any 3rd party OS or anything to load on it to make it useful for anything, basically whilst good for its day the tt interface is old and the hardware is slow, my note 3 runs rings around it as a navigator, just wondering what if anything people use these for other than landfill these days?
    I have a 720, as far as I am concerned, it runs perfectly, and, is fast enough, not sure why yours is slow

there is a third party tool to update navcore as well as to skin it as either 720/30/40/50, I have that, but, don't think it really offers any performance enhancement

there is also a third party top0 map nav system that allows to install topo maps, can't recall name right now, runs off an sd card (also, another, a media player and stuff)

as I now use GO500 I don't use my 720 often, keep it just in case (but it works just fine)
    Last edited by voyteke; 16-05-16 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koshari View Post
    hi,
    have an old TT go 730,

cheers
    Try "Googling" 'metanmedia', for the key to success.