Thread: 'Broken link' to Yahoo email account?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default 'Broken link' to Yahoo email account?

I cannot seem to open the link from any Yahoo source to get the Log In to allow me to access my Mail.
    I used it about 3 hours ago without any problems and shut the computer down when I was finished what I was doing.
    I have just restarted the Computer and I cannot get the Log In to show to allow me to enter my User name and Password.

Normally I just click on the logo on the top right corner of the Yahoo Home Page but now I get the message "Server not Found" when I do it.
    I have gone via 'search' and no matter what Yahoo Mail option appears, all clicking on them does is blink the screen and I am right back to that same spot.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why I have lost the link from the Home page to the Mail page?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Perhaps it is literally that the server is down.

Try deleting your browser history/cache.

You could also try this link:

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (10-05-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Perhaps it is literally that the server is down.

Try deleting your browser history/cache.

You could also try this link:
    This is as good a reason as any (Server down) because about 2 hours after my post, I checked the email using the Tablet and had no problems doing so.
    I didnt bother turning on the Computer then so I have no idea if it was back or not.
    I did notice Yahoo Mail was really running slow and taking forever to load and display as if I was on Dial Up after running out of Data but that happens every now and again, usually during evenings and weekends, particularly during school holidays.

Why I asked for advise was because I had a memory of something similar happening ages ago that I think was caused by a M/S update that caused a problem for those using Firefox as a browser stopping them from 'surfing' the Net.

And after having to do a 'Recovery' just a few days had me rather concerned that I may have some other problems occurring.

This morning the mail is working as usual so lets hope it was just a 'glitch' and its now gone away.

Thanks MTV.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

It's not always a problem at 'our' end, Gordon.

Servers, including Yahoo have problems from time to time.

Good it's working for you again.