Thread: Help for home setup

Thanks

Default Help for home setup

I am looking at setting up a small home setup (probably 4 cameras) and am thinking 2 x 1080p cmos bullet () or similar and would like 2 dome (one needs to be ip rated - both with IR), but not sure which ones. Ebay has stuff that I have never heard of and the prices vary greatly pending where you look at purchasing. There is also the matter of software and cloud based products. I am sure you all have your preferences when it comes to setups - DVR, NVR, IP. I'm sure there are a bunch of questions that I haven't answered and there is a piece of long string there too.........

To someone who just wants 3 cameras outside and 1 inside and happy to run a pc inside the home 24/7 (windows) with the ability to look at the cameras on the iphone - what is available for the uninitiated?
    oh, not worried about PTZ either
    thanks

f
    Last edited by freakee1; 11-05-16 at 04:51 AM.
    有段者

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

This will come down to an IP Vs HD Analogue debate (aka holden Vs Ford) so I will only voice my opinion (the others will come soon enough).
    To start with I would stay away from a PC based "entry level" system. Secondly all DVRs are viewable on your phone / net now days. Thirdly if you are talking budget entry level then THE most valuable part of your purchase will be your warranty. Rhino Tech have well priced IP & HD analogue with a 3 yr warranty & I use them all the time for budget entry level.
    Now the BIG question - HD analogue or IP. Unless you are looking at > 3Mp res and/or fancy management/analytic software I can see no reason to go IP. HD analogue will give just as good performance at a better price.

Let the war begin

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (11-05-16)

Thanks

awesome watchdog, I was going around in circles mixing and matching - some have big dollars attached and when chatting to the "Local experts" most are more concerned lining their pockets and trying to sell you a V8 Supercar for city commuting
    I just want something that can give me footage during the day and night if some dirtbag decides my stuff is good stuff and wants to take it

and if something is crashing and banging outside I can check it all out without peering through the windows

f
    有段者

Thanks

Hi Freakee1. You will likely be better off buying a 4 channel unit of some type, although it's a rare house where 4 cameras is actually enough as usually a house should be using a minimum of 6, so I would urge you to consider at worst an eight channel unit with the system you buy, even if you get only 4 cameras at the start. That way, later down the track, you'll be able to add new cameras, and not have to replace the DVR/TVR/NVR as well.

Perisale has both their own brand and the Q-See brand, and our prices definitely vary depending on the level of quality that you're after. We've had clients wanting a PTZ (or even 2) on their home. It really does boil down to deciding what you're after and whether your budget allows for it.

For a decent 720P AHD system, for a home with an 8 channel DVR, a hard drive, and 6 cameras, you'll likely be around the $700-$800 mark.
    For say a 1080P HD-TVI 8 channel with 6 cameras, $1200-$1500
    IP is a bit tougher, and for the average layman, an absolute minefield. These systems will vary wildly, depending on resolution for both recording and viewing.
    Last edited by Clay Turner; 11-05-16 at 03:55 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Clay Turner For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (11-05-16)

Thanks

The best option is a AHD or TVI kit.
    You get all the cables etc in the kit. An IP kit is ok if its pnp but it does nothing better than the AHD/TVI kit at this level.
    If possible, get a demo of the cameras in day/night conditions and see if your happy with the performance

Thanks

Ahhh go IP

Banned
    Thanks

Why ??

Thanks

Honestly for your smallish setups 4,8 or even 16 cameras, you cannot go past the analogue HD stuff eg TVI. It is priced extremely well and has a very good picture for that price point. Hikvision are now selling 3mp TVI cameras which proves there is still development going on for analogue systems. You can always cable your analogue HD setups in Cat 5/6 cables with baluns so that when they upgrade to IP, the cabling is ready to go.

Banned
    Thanks

agree 100%

Thanks

Hi Guys, I have received, reviewed and researched the previous topic posts.

My Business location is located in Bibra Lake (Perth Western Australia)

Internet connection is ONLY via telstra mobile dongles as they claim that we are too far from the exchange. (<Note: all of the business in our area use wireless dongle connections)

We are looking at purchasing a 8-12 camera system that is stored on site(in very tight security location).

Anyone wanting to provide a quotation ?