Thread: One Drive Update or else.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default One Drive Update or else.

I have been getting a message telling me if I want to continue using 'One Drive' I have to update it but the only problem is, what is it, where is it and do I have too?
    Any advise on this what ever it is please.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

A quick SEARCH using a search engine such as duckduckgo.com or google.com would answer all those questions.

OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud storage service, which allows you to store your documents, pictures, and other files safely and access them from any device connected to the Internet.

You do NOT have to use it unless you wish to. (I don't and furthermore, won't).

I think that you are using Windows 10?

If you wish to disable it, follow the directions at .

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Tiny (28-05-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Tell them to get stuffed gordon
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Interesting Gordon? I have never had One Drive ask me to update it, yet it resides on my 2 Win10 computers hidden in the "O" section of All Apps.

I would say no thanks as you are are likely not using it anyway, unless of course you accidentally used it already.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I don't & won't use it; I also possibly disabled it when first setting up my PC's as a matter of course when I set out to disable the automatic everything included in Win8 & 10.
    Last edited by Tiny; 28-05-16 at 10:32 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I thought it was somehow tied into this so called 'Cloud Storage' which I have most certainly avoided using even though it has promised me 77 cheap thrills (no virgins, just cheap thrills).
    I dont trust any form of storage unless its on a devise not connected to the Internet in any way so using something I have no idea where it is, aint for me NO WAY.

I dont know if its just coincidence but odd things have been occurring since I changed over from Telstra to SkyMuster as my ISP.

I have just worked out why I am getting this message after reading how to disable it and its because for some reason, I have lost a file in the registry called 'Group Policy Client Server' and I havent had it fixed yet.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 28-05-16 at 12:44 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Its a default program from memory, I would presume it just wants to update as all default programs do.

Simply ignore it or follow the directions in Tristans post.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I thought it was somehow tied into this so called 'Cloud Storage' which I have most certainly avoided using....

I dont know if its just coincidence but odd things have been occurring since I changed over from Telstra to SkyMuster as my ISP.

I have just worked out why I am getting this message after reading how to disable it and its because for some reason, I have lost a file in the registry called 'Group Policy Client Server' and I havent had it fixed yet.
    Yes Gordon it is cloud storage & a default program as admin said, you do not have to use it.

Switching ISP has nothing to do with it.

Strange things + you + computers seem to go hand in hand, lol, don't worry it's just a program that you can say no to.

RE: 'Group Policy Client Server' is not available.

It won't be; that link supplied by tristen is misleading.

See here,

The simplest solution for you Gordon is to ignore it.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."