Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying bouquets with Satking DVBS2-800CA

Thanks

Question Displaying bouquets with Satking DVBS2-800CA

Not very experienced chappie here.
    When I've locked on to the satellite and all the available stations have been "connected", the display on the TV also shows that I have a number of bouquets. Which button/s on the RCU should I press to display the contents of these bouquets? Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I haven't got the Satking .....

but I think you will only be able to view the Bouquets you are "Authorized for" by Vast, i.e if you are in SA you get the Vast South East SA Bouquet ...etc ...

& I do not think you will be able to see channels from Bouquets you are not authorized to view .....
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

mtv (09-06-16),Tiny (09-06-16)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

ROTR,

I've moved your thread here, as it's specifically related to VAST.

There are several 'bouquets' which differ, depending on your location.

Although they are all received, you can only decode/watch the bouquet which your smartcard is activated for.

Eg: if your card is activated for WA, then you can't watch the eastern states channels, with the exception of ABC and SBS, which you can watch for all states/territories, regardless of your location/bouquet.

It's only the commercial channels that are restricted to areas.

To view other bouquets, you need to request a change to the appropriate area (if you're a traveller) otherwise, you must provide an approved address in the area for permanent activation.

You can only activate one bouquet at a time.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (09-06-16),Tiny (09-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    ROTR,

I've moved your thread here, as it's specifically related to VAST.

There are several 'bouquets' which differ, depending on your location.

Although they are all received, you can only decode/watch the bouquet which your smartcard is activated for.

Eg: if your card is activated for WA, then you can't watch the eastern states channels, with the exception of ABC and SBS, which you can watch for all states/territories, regardless of your location/bouquet.

It's only the commercial channels that are restricted to areas.

To view other bouquets, you need to request a change to the appropriate area (if you're a traveller) otherwise, you must provide an approved address in the area for permanent activation.

You can only activate one bouquet at a time.
    Thanks for that but I think I can get by without the complication of having to consider bunches of flowers, unless someone can get me a definition of the word as it applies in the sense of VAST.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROTR View Post
    Thanks for that but I think I can get by without the complication of having to consider bunches of flowers, unless someone can get me a definition of the word as it applies in the sense of VAST.
    It means bunches of channels, groups of channels, packages of programs for defined areas. etc, etc.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-06-16)

Thanks

It means bunches of channels, groups of channels, packages of programs for defined areas. etc, etc.
    I'm told I have access to 15 of these. This brings me back to my original question. Which button do I push to display each of these, one by one?

Administrator
    Thanks

I'm told I have access to 15 of these. This brings me back to my original question. Which button do I push to display each of these, one by one?
    There is no button to display them.

As per the previous explanations, you can only view the bouquet/channels your smartcard is activated for.

You do not have access to more than one bouquet, which will be the one for the area you requested in your activation application.

Perhaps you need to ask whoever told you that you have access to 15 bouquets to demonstrate how you access them.... for starters, there's not 15 and as I've explained, you can only access one at a time.

You cannot change the bouquet by simply pressing a button on a remote... you have to contact VAST and have them change the authorisation of your smartcard to a different area and corresponding bouquet.

This guide may help you understand what's available and where. (with thanks to forum member Smacca)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Perhaps you need to ask whoever told you that you have access to 15 bouquets to demonstrate how you access them.... for starters, there's not 15 and as I've explained, you can only access one at a time.
    MTV,

You're quite right....but below is a screen shot of the 800CA upon completion of scanning.....it shows 15 bouquets.....this may explain the OPs confusion in that regard.

I confirm to the OP, as a Satking user myself, that there is no magic button on the remote that provides access to any bouquet (or group of channels, if bouquet is too confusing) other than the one bouquet for which the STB has been authorised/activated.

I concur with your suggestion that perhaps the clever person who informed the OP that 15 bouquets could be accessed would be the only person who would know how this is done.

Perhaps the OP could pass this useful knowledge on to us in due course.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

mtv (10-06-16),OSIRUS (10-06-16),Tiny (10-06-16),tristen (10-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I've not seen the satking but I'm guessing if you don't have access to the channels then you don't even have the opportunity to select these channels. It's not like a regular satellite receiver where you can select any channel in any bouquet but you will get a message saying scrambled if you don't have access.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    MTV,

Interesting to see optus sports being picked up by vast, does foxtel channels get picked up aswell? Thought these boxes were set to tune only certain transponders

• The Following User Says Thank You to joshy12 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-06-16)

Thanks

Interesting to see optus sports being picked up by vast, does foxtel channels get picked up aswell? Thought these boxes were set to tune only certain transponders
    Not sure what's going on there...........did a rescan just to check, but the station list scrolls down pretty quick as the scan progresses....Optus Sports only visible because they are at the end of the list, which stays on the screen for a few seconds while the "Search Done" box is displayed.

Did notice a station with the word "Business" in it flash past though....so something besides VAST is definitely sneaking in there.

Of the 121 TV Services shown in the "Search Done" box, only 79 services actually make it to the final channel selection menu....so 42 channels that have been scanned in are not accessible.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

mtv (10-06-16),Tiny (12-06-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks

The UEC 4121 Vast STB shows your current Bouquet information like this

& it is not selectable or able to be changed in any way, it is set by your area when Vast is activated & your STB then only displays channels in that Bouquet (area)

examples of other Bouquets would display " Queensland" or "WA GAW (Albany Wheatbelt)" or one of the other Vast Bouquets (in the box in the in the photo I posted above)

Another Bouquet that uses Vast is Sky Racing ...... & I have seen photos of a UEC DSD 4121 STB being used by sky racing (in the clubs etc...) & is also not available to be viewed by us .....

Interesting to see Optus sports in the Satking snapshot above ...... ?

A Vast Certified STB had to comply to Standards set by Vast & that why it is the way it is .....

whereas a non-certified STB that can receive DVBS2 satellite signals can scan in all the channels from vast ..... but it will not display the bouquets .... & cannot unscramble the vast channels unless you have a "Vast Cam" but it will be like the Vast STB & then only unscramble & display the channels it is activated by vast to show

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

mtv (10-06-16),Smacca (11-06-16),Thala Dan (10-06-16)

Thanks

Well, since it’s another crap day here today, I set up the digital camera and videoed the scrolling scan list, then played it back at slow speed in a video editor.

Following is a list of 24 non-VAST-related channels that scanned into the Satking box.

The other 18 channels missing from the final channel selection menu are VAST channels not included in my Queensland bouquet.

Optus TV Information
    Business TV1
    Extra
    Life
    Racing.com
    Sky Racing 1
    Sky Racing 2
    Sky Legacy
    Trackside MP2
    Trackside MP4
    Oracle
    HD Test
    Sky Racing 2 – TAB
    Sky Ad Hoc
    Spare (MP4)
    Optus Sports 1
    Optus Sports 2
    Optus Sports 3
    Optus Sports 4
    Optus Sports 5
    Optus Sports 6
    Optus Sports 7
    Optus Sports 8
    Optus Sports 9

The name of the bouquet is displayed at the top of the channel selection list, displayed when the "OK" button is pressed.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

mtv (10-06-16),OSIRUS (10-06-16),Tiny (12-06-16)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    ... below is a screen shot of the 800CA upon completion of scanning.....it shows 15 bouquets.....this may explain the OPs confusion in that regard.
    No wonder the OP is confused!

For whatever reason, there are additional bouquets showing that are not part of VAST. (eg: all the Optus Sports and Sky channels)

The bottom line is:

Regardless of the number of bouquets shown, any VAST applicant can only view the VAST channels for the 'area' their smartcard is authorised/activated for.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-06-16),Thala Dan (10-06-16)

Thanks

No wonder the OP is confused!

For whatever reason, there are additional bouquets showing that are not part of VAST. (eg: all the Optus Sports and Sky channels)

The bottom line is:

Regardless of the number of bouquets shown, any VAST applicant can only view the VAST channels for the 'area' their smartcard is authorised/activated for.
    I am subscribed at present to "VAST New South Wales". By playing around with the upper lhs menu option at sattvguide I can see there are 6 other "bouquets" available to VAST subscribers. So why my SatKing shows 15 "bouquets" available remains unexplained if I accept that a bouquet is a bunch of channels, not the channels themselves individually. sattvguide's graphical representation of the channels available within each bouquet is very much more informative to me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ROTR For This Useful Post:

Smacca (11-06-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

There could be 50 bouquets 'Up there' to be seen by your decoder but its not authorised to receive them as this is controlled by the SMART card as well as any other programing installed in the decoder.
    People used to think that the now defunct Austar was broadcast on a separate satellite than Foxtel but it wasnt, the same as VAST is part of the C1/D3 signal.
    No doubt on those satellites are channels used by Optus for many purposes we are not allowed to see like a Police link between Jails and Courthouses, Links to Hospitals, Universities and Business' through out Australia.
    These 'bouquets' could also be 'back ups' in case of a failure with a transponder as its very difficult to service a satellite in orbit.

I would not be surprised to see a satellite like D3 may have more transponders available than those listed in the details when it was built.
    There was some controversy a few years ago when it was announced Optus had been sold to a Singaporean group as it was the 'Carrier' of the Military links and the thought was this might not be to Australia's advantage to have a foreign power operating the communications links.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 11-06-16 at 12:39 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

If I was to guess, the bouquet showing on your set-top box is actually 2 combined bouquets.

State Bouquets (for ABC and SBS channels)

1) New South Wales
    2) Victoria
    3) Tasmania
    4) Queensland
    5) South Australia
    6) Northern Territory
    7) Western Australia

Zone/Commercial Bouquets (for 7,9,10 channels)

8) South
    9) North
    10) GSW
    11) GAW
    12) GNW

Private Bouquets

13) Sky Racing
    14) Optus Sports
    15) Community Radio
    Last edited by Smacca; 11-06-16 at 03:56 PM.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

Tiny (12-06-16),tristen (11-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    If I was to guess, the bouquet showing on your set-top box is actually 2 combined bouquets.

State Bouquets (for ABC and SBS channels)

1) New South Wales
    2) Victoria
    3) Tasmania
    4) Queensland
    5) South Australia
    6) Northern Territory
    7) Western Australia

Zone/Commercial Bouquets (for 7,9,10 channels)

8) South
    9) North
    10) GSW
    11) GAW
    12) GNW

Private Bouquets

13) Sky Racing
    14) Optus Sports
    15) Community Radio
    Thank you. I'll fire my system up tomorrow and see what my system shows irt the bouquets. I don't believe it shows more than one bouquet though.

As a matter of interest what does GSW, GAW, and GNW designate?
    Last edited by ROTR; 11-06-16 at 06:34 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

I don't believe it shows more than one bouquet though.
    It will no doubt show as 1 bouquet by name, like all VAST boxes registered for both ABC/SBS and commercial channels. My belief is that a single bouquet name on your set-top box's list denotes 2 bouquets combined. None of this is confirmed by the way, but it's my understanding as to what the 15 bouquets are.

As a matter of interest what does GSW, GAW, and GNW designate?
    GSW = GWN7 South West WA (contains GWN7 SSW Bunbury feed, and state-wide versions of all other commercial channels)
    GNW = GWN7 North West WA (contains GWN7 WAW feed, 7mate WAW feed and state-wide versions of all other commercial channels)
    GAW = GWN7 Albany, Wheatbelt & Goldfields WA (contains GWN7 VEW feed and state-wide versions of all other commercial channels)
    Last edited by Smacca; 11-06-16 at 07:15 PM.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (11-06-16),ROTR (11-06-16),Tiny (12-06-16),tristen (11-06-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    It will no doubt show as 1 bouquet by name, like all VAST boxes registered for both ABC/SBS and commercial channels. My belief is that a single bouquet name on your set-top box's list denotes 2 bouquets combined. None of this is confirmed by the way, but it's my understanding as to what the 15 bouquets are.
    your reasoning does make a lot of sense ......

for example the South Australian Bouquet gets the "South" Commercial channels & then gets the ABC & SBS in their correct "South Australian" time zone .... i.e half an hour latter than NSW time etc .... etc ...
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 11-06-16 at 07:27 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

Smacca (11-06-16)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast