Thread: Which spy cam do you suggest?

Thanks

Default Which spy cam do you suggest?

Hi, I'm looking for a hidden cam with power supply operating 24/7 reliable and with ftp and ddsn features.
    I've seen there are a lot of cameras on market but without brand and I don't know which I can trust on it.
    Actually it would be enough for me only a microphone without video but it seems to me that there aren't devices with only audio signal.
    Therefore if I have to buy a cam I don't matter the resolution.
    This device must be used for inside use.

Today I've just bought a cam but I don't know if is a right purchase.
    This cam inside a charger can be used with his software Iminicam.
    I don't know if you can set ftp, ddns or if you can use through some others app on phone.
    Any suggestion is appreciate!!

Sent from Note 4 device - Rome - Italy
    Last edited by umby75; 11-06-16 at 04:23 PM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thread moved here as it's the appropriate section for your question.

I suggest you need to provide more information as to the type of camera, physical size, type of area to be observed, indoors/outdoors, lens type, lighting required, etc.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

umby75 (27-06-16)

Thanks

If all you care about is the audio just find one that has audio. There isn't a lot of differentiation on that, but video wise they vary greatly. One of the best solutions I've found (but I'm very picky and concerned about closed source proprietary solutions) is to use a usb webcam with a raspberry pi and use gstreamer to stream the feed. It's pretty cheap compared to most of the solutions out there. You can even get a shield for the raspberry pi to use power over ethernet so you don't need a separate power cable.

• The Following User Says Thank You to xarmy9 For This Useful Post:

umby75 (27-06-16)

Thanks

Thank you my friends.
    I missed your replies..I'm sorry..I use Tapatalk on mobile phone that sometimes doesn't send me notifications about the posts.
    I received the item and I don't find brand and model no. either on its package.
    The seller said me "There's no brand because it is only unique to us. If you go on YouTube there are similar versions type in : Dvr AC plug thanks".
    Here a picture about package and camera:

This camera works with Iminicam or P2PLiveCam but if you go into Settings you can't configure the ddns built in or third parts ones.
    Furthermore if you use Tinycam app for Android (for me very useful for my needs) and you try the automatic configuration Lan you can see the video but the audio doesn't work.
    Why?

Sent from Note 4 device - Rome - Italy
    Last edited by umby75; 27-06-16 at 03:48 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If the carton has no maker shown it, then its a fair chance it isnt made by one of the 'Known Brands' which doesnt mean its no good but you run the risk of it being made somewhere up the Ho Chi Min Trail in an old Viet Cong bunker.

When a 'retailer/dealer' says the unit is 'Unique' to them I suspect means he bought a pallet load for 10 cents on the Dollar at a warehouse sale.
    If it was as 'Unique' as he said, he would have his business name stamped all over it I would have thought.

I was trying to find some camera's compatible with the 'No Name' brand multi cam home surveillance kit I have and its almost a case of buying everything in sight and hoping some may match because the specification details supplied are almost non existent.

You've bought it so now to try and get it to work, learn from it and maybe that will guide you if you decide to try another later.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

You haven't answered any of my questions.

It seems pointless asking for recommendations if you already purchased it.

It looks like cheap Chinese junk and highly unlikely to be 'exclusive'.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

william10 (27-06-16)

• 26-08-16, 04:41 PM