Thread: srt 4922

Thanks

Exclamation srt 4922

Hi I upgraded my srt 4922 box strong and went off I cant see menu I have tried to upgrade it with srt loader is not responding I need help.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

It would be helpful if you explained exactly what you did when you 'upgraded'.... from what to what, etc.

You say you can't see the menu.... can you see anything?

It's possible the video output selection has defaulted to composite and if you are using HDMI or component (not sure what options are on that model) then you may not see anything on the screen.

If you haven't already, try connecting the box to your screen via composite.

Thanks

I've got a SRT4922A which is having problems with a particular transponder on Vinasat 1.
    Freq: 3549 V
    S/R 2000
    Channels: HTV7 & HTV9

The symbol rate was recently reduced down to 2000 which I'm thinking is the problem. Older model Strong receivers and even cheap branded ones seem to work fine but the SRT4922A and SRT4950H seem to have problems with this transponder. I have tried a software update but still not working. I'm guessing it might be a hardware problem with these 2 models

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Hmmmm....you state that you are "having problems with a particular transponder on Vinasat 1", but fail to elaborate on what those "problems" are, which makes it a tad difficult for those of us who lack psychic powers, to be of much help.

Further, if Lyngsat () is to be believed, the transponders cited are at 3547 V and not 3549 V as stated.

Now, the specifications for the Strong SRT4922A as at , indicate a symbol rate range as under:

DVB-S: 2 ~ 45Ms/s
    DVB-S2: 10 ~ 30Msps (QPSK & 8PSK)
    6Msps (16APSK), 27Msps (32APSK)

If the signal you are attempting to resolve is DVB-S2, 2000-3/4, 8PSK, it appears that the SRT4922A will not successfully resolve it as its limited to 10Msps (minimum) for an 8PSK signal, as indicated above.

As at present I'm bed-ridden, battling a bad case of the dreaded end-of-winter "lurgi", perhaps my powers of perception are not what they ought to be, so if I have erred, please forgive me

Thanks

could it be a bug in the firmware of the unit.?? could a firmware update fix the issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Hmmmm....you state that you are "having problems with a particular transponder on Vinasat 1", but fail to elaborate on what those "problems" are, which makes it a tad difficult for those of us who lack psychic powers, to be of much help.

Further, if Lyngsat () is to be believed, the transponders cited are at 3547 V and not 3549 V as stated.

Now, the specifications for the Strong SRT4922A as at , indicate a symbol rate range as under:

DVB-S: 2 ~ 45Ms/s
    DVB-S2: 10 ~ 30Msps (QPSK & 8PSK)
    6Msps (16APSK), 27Msps (32APSK)

If the signal you are attempting to resolve is DVB-S2, 2000-3/4, 8PSK, it appears that the SRT4922A will not successfully resolve it as its limited to 10Msps (minimum) for an 8PSK signal, as indicated above.

As at present I'm bed-ridden, battling a bad case of the dreaded end-of-winter "lurgi", perhaps my powers of perception are not what they ought to be, so if I have erred, please forgive me
    My apologies for not spelling out the problem. It's quite simply not getting any signal even though the signal is way above threshold and it was picked it up on a blind scan. In other words it won't play back and just displays "no or bad signal" As I mentioned in my previous post, it is working fine with other receivers. Sounds like this receiver isn't up to the task! Thank you for your detailed reply. Get well soon!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    could it be a bug in the firmware of the unit.?? could a firmware update fix the issue?
    I have updated firmware but still have the same problem.

Thanks

Have you done a factory reset after firmware update, it's highly recommended.

Thanks

just out of curiosity what firmware version