Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to transmit Channel 10 in canberra

Banned
    Thanks

Default Who is going to transmit Channel 10 in canberra

In Canberra and other places WIN has lost the contract to transmit the Nine network programs and Southern Cross which used to transmit the 10 network programs will take over. So Channel 9 programs will move to the old Channel 10 positions (5, 50,55 etc) and be transmitted by Southern Cross 10.

While WIN has advised what is happening with Channel 9 programs, Southern Cross has not advised where the Channel 10 programs are moving too.

The SCA website doesn't have any thing.

Anyone know where the Network 10 programs are moving too in Canberra??

Thanks

Garry

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

You've pretty much answered your own question. Canberra is part of the Southern NSW changes, so Ten programs will be seen on Ch 8 WIN and Nine programs on Ch 5 Southern Cross.

This website has an FAQ that explains everything:

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

mtv (24-06-16),OSIRUS (24-06-16)

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for that information - I previously looked at the link but that does not say who is going to transmit the 10 Network - has WIN got the contract for that? As you say it is going to be under the "8" series of channels which are run by WIN I would assume so - do you have a reference or link that says the 10 Net work programs are going to WIN?

Cheers

Garry

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

At the moment, TEN (on LCN5) run by Southern Cross is advertising this change of programing during their News at 5pm each day.
    I dont watch a lot of FTA so I have just turned the Tele on to WIN (LCN8) and it can prattle away in the background and we'll see what they have to say.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks

Just watching 'EXTRA' on WIN at 2.15pm and there with the channel 'watermark' on the bottom right of the screen is the message that 'From July 1st, WIN NEWS New Time- 6pm'.
    That's a beginning I suppose.
    How ODD, its disappeared now after an AD break with only the WIN logo appearing.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    Thanks for that information - I previously looked at the link but that does not say who is going to transmit the 10 Network - has WIN got the contract for that?
    The FAQ I linked you to literally states:

"These supply agreements start on 1 July 2016 and will mean that SCA will broadcast Nine Network programs and the WIN Network will broadcast TEN Network programs."
    This news article proves the channel number allocation for WIN post July 1:

Also, the WIN website is now advertising they are carrying Ten programs from July 1:

If this isn't proof enough, then I don't know what is.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

mtv (24-06-16),OSIRUS (24-06-16)

Banned
    Thanks

"These supply agreements start on 1 July 2016 and will mean that SCA will broadcast Nine Network programs and the WIN Network will broadcast TEN Network programs."

Missed that every time I read it

Thanks for pointing that out

Cheers

Garry

• The Following User Says Thank You to garrycol For This Useful Post:

Smacca (24-06-16)

Premium Member

Thanks

Smacca, I had to read these articles more than once to try and understand just who is doing what like is 9 now 10 on 5 or is 10 now 9 on 8 and what parts of Australia affected by all this so I can understand garrycol's missing part of the details you supplied.
    So to prevent my brain going into jelly, I have decided to wait until Friday (1st of July) and along with a couple of locally printed TV guides, turn the Tele on and sit in my favorite chair and just let it all happen around me..............

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Smacca (27-06-16)

Thanks

In today's CT:

<http://www.canberratimes.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/news-and-current-affairs/what-act-viewers-need-to-know-about-the-big-tv-switch-20160625-gprspl.html>

The paper copy has a graphic which doesn't get a guernsey in the on-line edition.

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post

This news article proves the channel number allocation for WIN post July 1:

Also, the WIN website is now advertising they are carrying Ten programs from July 1:

If this isn't proof enough, then I don't know what is.
    Well I wouldn't want to be relying on the week-long guide in today's local paper. The programmes for the affected channels have jumped over the 1 July hurdle without any sign of the necessary switch.

Premium Member

Thanks

With our local Newspaper now down to a Twice weekly publication and the weekly TV guide appears each Tuesday, heaven only knows what this week will show if anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 577 Posts

I just noticed the FTA EPG for channel 50 (the outgoing OneHD) now says only "GEM Canberra & Southern NSW Transmission" for all day every day, looks like they've stopped advertising TEN programming already?

On a side note, while both Southern Cross and WIN have been advertising the changes for the last few weeks, Prime has now jumped on the bandwagon with "All your favourite programs still here", obviously having a dig at the ensuing chaos elsewhere, which I thought was amusing!

Andrew

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (27-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROTR View Post
    Well I wouldn't want to be relying on the week-long guide in today's local paper. The programmes for the affected channels have jumped over the 1 July hurdle without any sign of the necessary switch.
    I have been advised of a procedure to take this into account. It's quite complex so be warned, it's not for everyone.

Required items:
    - Local newspaper
    - pencil
    - eraser (optional)

Steps:
    - open newspaper to tv guide section
    - locate daily listings where the date is July or later
    - if shown, use the pencil to cross out and write in the new LCN
    - if necessary, use the pencil to cross out and write in any new channel names (pick anything here that you are comfortable with since this is for your reference only)

I hope this complex procedure has been of assistance.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SpankedHam For This Useful Post:

Smacca (27-06-16)

Thanks

There really is a far easier way to handle this. You just need to remember those two numbers used all those years ago for quick conversions from miles to kilometres. 5 and 8. Remember that?
    From 1 July everything that used to be on 5 (and the fifties) will now appear on 8 (and the eighties), and vice versa.
    It really doesn't bother me all that much as the majority of my viewing is not on either of those channels.
    Cheers

Premium Member

Thanks

With VAST that uses 1,2,3,7,9 & 10, Orange/Dubbo using 2,3,5,6 & 8, I am happy now that I cannot receive the Sydney Metropolitan channels directly anymore.

The TV lift out in yesterdays Sunday Telegraph has a coloured bar across the page for Thursday, Friday and Saturday advising of the changes to the programming starting on Friday July 1st.

Thanks

For what it's worth the EPG data integrator formerly known as HWW is providing data, for my area at least, that shows TEN programs on WIN carried channels from the 1st onwards. This organisation not only provides the data behind pretty much all official web guides, it also provides the broadcast Freeview guide data so it's not surprising that, at least for my area, WIN and SC10's Freeview guides contain entries showing they've switched programming.

WIN's EIT EPG doesn't show any entries from the 1st on bar a few generic entries for GOLD. A similar situation exists for SC10's EIT EPG where only the shopping channels populated from the 1st onwards with ONE having a generic Qld entry and a random event or two for the main SD channel.
    Last edited by SpankedHam; 28-06-16 at 06:52 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SpankedHam For This Useful Post:

Smacca (28-06-16)

Thanks

It seems that rather than a bucket of money, only a pale's worth has been tipped into SCA so far. I was hoping SCA would move to stat muxing but all the MPEG2 programs on SCA, here at least, are still statically allocated and even though it does wiggle a bit the MPEG4 HD program is pretty flat too.

Premium Member

Thanks

A very Pale Pail you think???
    They probably blew the budget at that Booze up the other night where they congratulated each other on how wonderful they are.

I had to rescan everything this morning to get the 'New Line Up' and I may need to write down what is appearing where depending on the devise receiving the channel.
    I only have one TV MPEG-4 capable and use 2 Topfield's and 1 STRONG STB's (which still wont show ch 80 WINHD in MPEG-4) on the other TV's.

One channel 'To be advised' and NINE LIFE coming 'soooon' !!!!

Now all we need is 7/Prime to add 7Flix and we will have it all.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

What a mess! I just came home to all this and did a rescan. I have a channel 9HD, Win Albury HD and a WIN Network channel that has a test screen on it. The first 2 channels have different programming! Lost my 9 Life channel
    Can't be bothered working out what else I've gained or lost lol but there sure seems to be more.

..........Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 01-07-16 at 11:10 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

FYI NBN Newcastle has made a minor change to its Logo Branding to make it the same as the capitol city's NINE Branding ..... & I suspect it is also the same as all the SCA NINE Branded channels that started on July 1st

Used to be this:

Now this without the NBN

I personally like this aligning of the Branding of the Country channels with the City Channels ..... it creates more of a sense of belonging not just a lesser affiliate channel

It also makes it easier when the "City" channel creates something like 9Now to be aligned & identified with the country channels if it is the same branding

I would also like to see SEVEN align its branding with its country channels too ? ..... & TEN ? (instead of Prime7 & SC10 etc ....)

I guess WIN will not align its branding with the Capitol city channels ...... ?
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 02-07-16 at 11:43 AM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast