Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTP and TVE on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E move to C9H

Thanks

Doe someone mind reconfirming the freq details/etc for the transponder that currently has TVE on it?
    Can someone confirm TVE currently working in Melbourne on 2.4m dish?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luie20 View Post
    Apparently they will try and get TVE on c2v as well
    This will be good as I am getting a lot of older Spanish people with old dishes that the signal strength is not strong enough to pick up C9H without pixelation.

Thanks

TVE is no longer received on 4000H but is received in south west suburb Melbourne on 3960H with good signal quality on 2.3M dish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK200SX View Post
    Doe someone mind reconfirming the freq details/etc for the transponder that currently has TVE on it?
    Can someone confirm TVE currently working in Melbourne on 2.4m dish?

Thanks in advance.
    TVE is now on C9H 3960 Horizontal SR 30000 FRC 5/6.. see . 3m dish needed in the Southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by theslydog View Post
    This will be good as I am getting a lot of older Spanish people with old dishes that the signal strength is not strong enough to pick up C9H without pixelation.
    Effected Spanish audience should email to..>> maria.mera@overon.es preferably in Spanish tell her that they were getting TVE for 20 years on a 2.3m dish and since the recent change can not receive it.
    Last edited by B52; 02-08-16 at 06:53 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Indigo (02-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    TVE is now on C9H 3960 Horizontal SR 30000 FRC 5/6.. see . 3m dish needed in the Southeast.

Effected Spanish audience should email to..>> maria.mera@overon.es preferably in Spanish tell her that they were getting TVE for 20 years on a 2.3m dish and since the recent change can not receive it.
    Fixed all the Portuguese folks up, but I got dozens of irate TVE watchers that now have not channel and been ringing me up all day.

The only people who can get this channel around NSW South Coast is in a 3M dish. It was just ok on Saturday on a 2.4 brand new dish but since today it will not pick it up so seems weaker signal today.

Thanks

Fixed all the Portuguese folks up, but I got dozens of irate TVE watchers that now have not channel and been ringing me up all day.

The only people who can get this channel around NSW South Coast is in a 3M dish. It was just ok on Saturday on a 2.4 brand new dish but since today it will not pick it up so seems weaker signal today.
    I encountered the same thing.....tuned it up last week and lost the signal on saturday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I encountered the same thing.....tuned it up last week and lost the signal on saturday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    Reply today from rrmedia...

I really understand,

But the decision is in TVE hands…

Maybe you can contact them directly.

We offer three solutions:

1. Going back to DVBS

2. Move to C2V – they don’t want to change polarity.

3. Remain as today and lose the Australian & New Zealand takers.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post

I have been fighting with that transponder for 1 1/2 years. 90% of the time I can't get it although signal strength on the Duo2 is fair and should be good enough to get a lock but 90% the time it doesn't on a 2.3M dish. I have transponder with a lot less power on the 2.3M yet they lock and are ok.
    I say the transponder 3960H and because it using 8PSK is one strange reason why you can't pick it up anymore using a 2.3M dish as I use to get this transponder with no problems when it was QPSK.
    At the same time I do get a steady Lock on other Transponders that use 8PSK and according to the Duo2 they have a reasonable less power than 3960H so work that out.

I originally blamed TI for my issue but I think its something else as I have one other person that has the same problem as me.

Thanks

I say the transponder 3960H and because it using 8PSK is one strange reason why you can't pick it up anymore using a 2.3M dish as I use to get this transponder with no problems when it was QPSK.
    It is the high FEC of 5/6 which is the problem, as well as being DVBS/2. Means you need much more signal to get a lock. When this TP was DVBS it had and FEC of 3/4 I believe.

Thanks

You might be able to lock on 2.3M if - (a) you got a good quality dish, (b) A good Lnbf (PLL) ) (c) A good Mpeg 4 receiver with a good tuner.(d) a good cable and connectors.
    And you have focused your dish spot on As5..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I have been fighting with that transponder for 1 1/2 years. 90% of the time I can't get it although signal strength on the Duo2 is fair and should be good enough to get a lock but 90% the time it doesn't on a 2.3M dish. I have transponder with a lot less power on the 2.3M yet they lock and are ok.
    At the same time I do get a steady Lock on other Transponders that use 8PSK and according to the Duo2 they have a reasonable less power than 3960H so work that out.

I originally blamed TI for my issue but I think its something else as I have one other person that has the same problem as me.
    I think it is probably due in part to higher transmission rate of 5/6 FEC and also the higher SR of 30000.

It means there is not as much room for poor signal strength so you are going to need a bigger dish and finely tuned LNBF for a channel with a high FEC.

I remember there was a lot of interference trouble with NHK on Pas8 (now Intelsat19) and they changed the FEC to 1/2 so people could pick it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    You might be able to lock on 2.3M if - (a) you got a good quality dish, (b) A good Lnbf (PLL) ) (c) A good Mpeg 4 receiver with a good tuner.(d) a good cable and connectors.
    And you have focused your dish spot on As5..
    I have a 2.4m solid primed on AS5 and get it fine in Taiwan. If anything would say over attenuated.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

Thanks

I remember there was a lot of interference trouble with NHK on Pas8 (now Intelsat19) and they changed the FEC to 1/2 so people could pick it up.
    The Satellite/Channel Provider can do that with a flick of a switch, But it cost $$$$$'s....

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therealyuriboy View Post
    It is the high FEC of 5/6 which is the problem, as well as being DVBS/2. Means you need much more signal to get a lock. When this TP was DVBS it had and FEC of 3/4 I believe.
    Yes it was.
    I miss Fuel TV and Reuters News Service. Trying not to buy a 3M dish.$$$$ Again i'm picking up about 8 Cband Sats and some are 2/3 the Power and I have no problem with 8PSK Dvb S2 Transponders but this one Its a no Go.

Thanks

I think it is probably due in part to higher transmission rate of 5/6 FEC and also the higher SR of 30000.

It means there is not as much room for poor signal strength so you are going to need a bigger dish and finely tuned LNBF for a channel with a high FEC.

I tested my LNB and adjusted it with accuracy outside just to get it to lock at night only. No good on hot days. Even then 90% of the time in the last 9 months has been a no go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I have a 2.4m solid primed on AS5 and get it fine in Taiwan. If anything would say over attenuated.
    A 2.3 Solid would have more grunt than a 2.3m mesh so I would say your 2.4 solid would be great

Thanks

Reply today from rrmedia...

I really understand,

But the decision is in TVE hands…

Maybe you can contact them directly.

We offer three solutions:

1. Going back to DVBS

2. Move to C2V – they don’t want to change polarity.

3. Remain as today and lose the Australian & New Zealand takers
    Number 4 option go IPTV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    A 2.3 Solid would have more grunt than a 2.3m mesh so I would say your 2.4 solid would be great
    OK I have some news.... I have been contacted by an IPTV provider to host RPTi TVE and Antena 1 radio

So have the streams sent to them for testing. I will ask them about posting their info here.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 04-08-16 at 07:19 PM.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

tristen (05-08-16)

Thanks

Tried adjusting satellite dish today, without a meter...

I picked up TVE on 75% signal and only 42% quality... on a 2.4 m mesh dish

the problem is when the clouds come around the reception is loss and quality drops to 41%

Would you advise to change the lnb to a high gain lnb(currently a refurbed zinwell) ? or tweak the satellite with a meter

thoughts

Thanks

Tried adjusting satellite dish today, without a meter...

I picked up TVE on 75% signal and only 42% quality... on a 2.4 m mesh dish

the problem is when the clouds come around the reception is loss and quality drops to 41%

Would you advise to change the lnb to a high gain lnb(currently a refurbed zinwell) ? or tweak the satellite with a meter

thoughts
    I had someone tell me that a Titanium LNBF that they use to reduce 4G WiMAX interference is more sensitive and should help with TVE. Dunno if this is true or not.

Titanium Satellite C1PLL Phase Lock Loop C-band LNBF technology provides exceptional reception of weak satellite signals and the most demanding high FEC S2 channels

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast