Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTP and TVE on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E move to C9H

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theslydog View Post
    I had someone tell me that a Titanium LNBF that they use to reduce 4G WiMAX interference is more sensitive and should help with TVE. Dunno if this is true or not.

If you need to reduce interference then you need what I use Norsat LNB's and microwave filters on a Patriot Mount. LNB's are single polarity so you need two. But then you can run to a multiswitch for multiple stb feeds. The smaller 1.8m dish is for Ku band 128 Sky Perfect Japan. Again two Norsat KU band single polarity LNB's. Another dish on 124 E Skyperfect.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 06-08-16 at 04:22 PM.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (09-08-16),tristen (06-08-16)

Thanks

The mount and LNB's weigh quite a lot so depending on your dishes elevation then you need to support the setup with extra supports not just use the arms from the dish.

Also move to a solid dish over a mesh. Much better. You can see I have an extra stay going from the LNB to the ground. That's Taipei 101 in the background just next to the World Trade Center in Taiwan. Lot's of cband interference.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 06-08-16 at 04:20 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

tristen (06-08-16)

Thanks

For anyone interested. This arvo I was trying a few things to see if I could pick up TVE on a std 2.3m mesh dish that is just under the threshold with a std feedhorn and LNB.

I had an old Mediastar feedhorn that is supposed to help improve signal if you have interference or for use on a smaller dish.

I also have a one cable solution LNB that is just slightly better than your std Supernet type LNB.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the combo of the one cable solution LNB (5150/5750MHz) and feedhorn gave me about 1-2% better signal strength and that was enough to give me a picture. This is on a pretty overcast day.

Picture here if interested. You can see the difference in feedhorn size.

If the Titanium C1-PLL LNB is even more sensitive then this could be a solution for some folks.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I had someone tell me that a Titanium LNBF that they use to reduce 4G WiMAX interference is more sensitive and should help with TVE. Dunno if this is true or not.

At the moment I have a 4 port WS International US Made LNBF and that is 75% of the time no good for this transponder.
    I have tried a WS International 2 port one and that is even worse.
    I have tried both again but this time only one cable connected and the cable is a new test RG6 cable running across the ground, through the window (lots shorter run) directly into the Duo2, no DiseQc Switches, NO Milti switches just an unbroken cable and its still the same or maybe 5% better. So its USELESS, You need at least a 3M size dish just for this transponder here in QLD. I cannot have a Single polarity LNBF or even a Dual Polarity LNBF running two cables back to a multi switch for all my boxes to feed off due to my unique System.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    You need at least a 3M size dish just for this transponder here in QLD.
    I used the large feedhorn and Supernet LNB [on a 2.3m mesh dish] from my previous post to actually get best results today and got nearly 60% on a little meter and that was enough for a picture without any pixelation. South Coast NSW.

Last edited by theslydog; 08-08-16 at 11:16 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

I'm getting figures very similar to yours but the trouble is one minute its there and then its GONE!!. I blamed this issue written on a old post here mid last year and I blamed "TI" but it possibly NOT the issue.

Thanks

Interesting!!

This is the interesting Bit and If I do get this LNBF I will lose anything below 3700 but by the look at it this is where so "TI" could be coming from.
    The Titanium Satellite C1-PLL ® filters out the interference caused by WiMax, 4G LTE and wide area WiFi. Soft filter with 3dB attenuation from 3.6-3.7GHz and hard elimination filter below 3.6GHz.

Titanium Satellite C1PLL Phase Lock Loop C-band LNBF technology provides exceptional reception of weak satellite signals and the most demanding high FEC S2 channels. Designed to meet the requirements for commercial applications and the most demanding satellite hobbyist, it is cost-effective, high quality and professional grade.

Thanks

Come to think of it I need a two cable solution for my MultiSwitch so this LNBF is a no go. Will look if they have a two cable solution LNBF.

They make a 3.400 to 4200 in PLL two cable solution but not in 3700 to 4200. Its a pity I threw away my older LNBF that did only 3.7 to 4.2 Ghz
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 09-08-16 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks

3960 H just now they have increased the signal by 2db in the south east 2.3 should be fine. have a go.

Come to think of it I need a two cable solution for my MultiSwitch so this LNBF is a no go. Will look if they have a two cable solution LNBF.
    One cable solution (OCS) on MultiSwitch. from the LNB use 2 way splitter and connect each of them to the relevant V and H on the MSwitch. Receiver's LNB settings would need to be change to OCS 5750/5150..

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

apgonzalez (09-08-16)

Thanks

Parents reported improved reception on 3960H TVE this afternoon - previously breaking up consistantly. Now report stable picture on 1.8m dish in Canberra. Hopefully will be long term.
    Last edited by apgonzalez; 09-08-16 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Provided further information

Thanks

For anyone interested. This arvo I was trying a few things to see if I could pick up TVE on a std 2.3m mesh dish that is just under the threshold with a std feedhorn and LNB.

I had an old Mediastar feedhorn that is supposed to help improve signal if you have interference or for use on a smaller dish.

I also have a one cable solution LNB that is just slightly better than your std Supernet type LNB.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the combo of the one cable solution LNB (5150/5750MHz) and feedhorn gave me about 1-2% better signal strength and that was enough to give me a picture. This is on a pretty overcast day.

Picture here if interested. You can see the difference in feedhorn size.

If the Titanium C1-PLL LNB is even more sensitive then this could be a solution for some folks.

hi there.
    how did you get the mediastar feedhorn.
    interested to buy

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    3960 H just now they have increased the signal by 2db in the south east 2.3 should be fine. have a go.

One cable solution (OCS) on MultiSwitch. from the LNB use 2 way splitter and connect each of them to the relevant V and H on the MSwitch. Receiver's LNB settings would need to be change to OCS 5750/5150..
    Don't have to do it now As TX 3960H, S/R 3000, FEC 5/6 is live and Well YEAH!! and Picking up all Channels Ok on our 2.3M dish. Will have to contact one of our old friends and tell them that RTP and TVE are back on and receivable on a 2.3M.

Thanks

They make a 3.400 to 4200 in PLL two cable solution but not in 3700 to 4200. Its a pity I threw away my older LNBF that did only 3.7 to 4.2 Ghz
    I use some two port one V & one H on some dishes. Will take a pic for you. The other option is a dual port ( Means each port has both V & H ) which you can also use to a multiswitch. Cheap LNB's and work really well.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 10-08-16 at 02:13 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-08-16)

Thanks

i have done yesterday job with cheap lnb, got signal 3960 10.4db from Satlook color HD ( sweden made )
    hopefully customer not calling me about it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I use some two port one V & one H on some dishes. Will take a pic for you. The other option is a dual port ( Means each port has both V & H ) which you can also use to a multiswitch. Cheap LNB's and work really well.

wow, thats really cool.
    how many dishes do you have ?
    can you please take some photos

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syaugi View Post
    wow, thats really cool.
    how many dishes do you have ?
    can you please take some photos
    You just need to look at his previous posts.... lots of pics posted.

Thanks

The increase in signal has sorted a few people now.......receptionperfect with 2.4mt south east nsw

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default TVE On AsiaSat5 from Gold Coast QLD

My 70 y.o. Dad lost his satellite TVE reception recently, and this week we searched the internet to discover the official TVE website announcing the signal had moved from DVB-S to DVB-S2, and a new channel/ frequencies.
    His low cost receiver was only compatible with DVB-S, so we took the info down to the local tech shop, and they were not much help. However, we were able to purchase a new receiver that would pick up DVB-S2.
    The new receiver is a low cost Magix 200HD, compatible with DVB-S2.

We went through the set up process on the new receiver, doing an auto scan of all channels available on AsiaSat5. Many channels picked up, but TVE was not among them.
    However, we are picking up many of the Arabic, and French channels.
    I don't know the size of his dish, I'm guessing it's over 2m but not 3m.

There are a limited number of parameters we can set on this Magix 200HD receiver, but my satellite TV knowledge is quite poor, and the manual is not very good.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome. If anyone is familiar with this receiver, or if anyone can suggest some manual settings to try, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ricqld; 10-08-16 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricqld View Post
    , we are picking up many of the Arabic, and French channels.
    I don't know the size of his dish, I'm guessing it's over 2m but not 3m.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.
    Place measuring tape on the face of the dish and measure the diameter of the outer ring. if it's under 2.3m no go.

Thanks

Thank you, I will measure the dish the next time I visit him.

I have an even more basic question (sorry I'm a noob with this stuff) . I read some earlier comments in this thread about HDMI.
    When we switched from the old to the new receiver (compatible with DVB-S2), the new unit has both AV and HDMI Cable outputs.

However, we simply used the AV cables that were already there (previously connected to the TV/Digital recorder).

Is this likely to limit the channels I can see (perhaps I can then only see the DVB-S channels ??), and hence why we can't detect TVE ?

Thanks

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast