Thread: And people bag Macs......

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default And people bag Macs......

Windows, what a useless heap of junk.

After dragging out a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7, which had a heap of issues and drivers missing.
    I spent all of last night downloading the current drivers to get those devices working.
    It had No LAN, No Wifi, the wrong Display driver etc.

Which was ok, as i used it as an Offline PC only for diagnostic work on Vehicles and Bikes.

So after searching and installing the latest drivers, the lappy is now on my network and after i correct some strange proxy issue, it is online.

So i download Firefox, then Chrome.
    Then notice the screen is all stretched horizontal, after more Googling, i download 128Mb of Graphics drivers.
    Install, machine reboots and tries to install some FreeWare rubbish that is going to scan my PC... (Driver download from Toshiba website mind you)
    After dodging that bullet, now the screen runs at the correct resolution, but its dimmer than before and i cant adjust the brightness back to how it was.
    Google that, yep, common issue with the update.

Then i am prompted to go get some Virus Software.... and a bunch of other junk.
    After deleting some other strange program that was running in the back ground, i go to turn Off the Laptop as i am happy with my progress.

But wait......... "Do not turn off your computer, its installing 1 of 12 of Updates".....
    Really?? When did all that download and at what cost to my internet package
    (lucky its unlimited, but still)

Now its been over 1hour of installing updates, then it finally reboots, great i think.......
    But Nooooooo, there is a 3 Stage Service Pack to install and reboot 3 times... FFS

So another 50minutes plus goes buy..... The PC is still useless, can not be used until i wait... wait.... wait for a bunch of stuff i never even asked for.

So you Mac or "Bits of Fruit" bashers, what are you on about??
    This is the worst experience with a PC i've had since..... Since the last time a used a Windows based PC

Its still has not finished installing what ever i never asked for
    And I still need to get Virus Software

All this, from just turning it off!?!

You don't get any of this crap with a Mac, let me tell you

Rant over.... until it asks for some random .dll file or more updates.

Rule No. 1, Never turn these things off.

EDIT: Great, its finally rebooted and found the Home Screen, now a pop up says the Drivers were not successfully installed, bahahahah Windows...
    I have look, great, there is now No Network, all Wifi and LAN are gone.... what a time wasting heap of shit

Great Update Windows, you just made every that worked, stop working.
    Back to square one!
    And now the downloaded Toshiba Drivers no longer work or install, bahahahaahah.
    And worse, the issue is mentioned on the net....
    What a great product, that comes in unannounced, breaks things, then leaves...

And people say Macs are rubbish.... pfft.

A Mac.... You would have opened the lid, used it and shut the lid... Done.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 17-07-16 at 02:04 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-07-16),efab (18-07-16),irritant (18-10-16),OSIRUS (19-07-16),Uncle Fester (19-07-16)

3. Look Here ->