Thread: Dashcam/Full GPS Solution

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Default Dashcam/Full GPS Solution

OK....

I'm going to Perth for a little drive in about 2 months or so. I have a TomTom Go720, but I'm wondering if someone has a solution they can recommend for an HD Dashcam/Full GPS Voice and Map Navigator combo. I guess the dashcam would be on a loop, but obviously downloadable.

It appears Navman may have these things, although I'm a tad unsure.

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Haven't looked much at these.

Uniden have 'all in one' units, but they are primarily a dashcam and therefore are physically small with only a 2.7" screen.

Also has reversing camera.

I had also considered buying one for convenience, but then thought if something goes wrong, you could lose the lot, not just one function.

As a GPS navigator, 2.7" is too small a screen for me.

I have a TT Go730 loaded with the latest maps which works fine for me (and placed where I can view it easily) and a separate dashcam placed high behind the rearview mirror for the best recording view.

Thanks

we looked at that idea as well and found it to be too much hassle so we use a dash cam and an ipad loaded with both hema maps and tomtom for ipad
    got a backet for the ipad and it suckers to the windscreen and is great to view on those trips
    found we only used the tomtom when in the cities otherwise the rest of the time we used hema maps

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I am with MTV on his remark that if any part of an 'All Singing, All Dancing and Tea maker' devise goes bung, then your own your own.
    As for GPS's, their only as good as the Maps they include and they can be vague once you get off the Main route and for the price of them today, its cheaper to buy a new one for the latest maps than get an older one updated.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!