Thread: SKYMUSTER ISP address tells Foxtel I aint in Australia !!!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default SKYMUSTER ISP address tells Foxtel I aint in Australia !!!

I ran into a slight problem a few day ago when I tried to access the My Account' option on the Foxtel Home page and got the message that it cannot open it for me because 'I am NOT in Australia' !!!

I registered with Foxtel as a customer a few years ago but seldom used it as there was nothing available to me.
    However in recent times many things like Foxtel Go has been introduced which I can now use because I have more Data available since going over onto SkyMuster last May.
    I am still getting used to how much Data I can use over the Month so I dont run out like I used when I was in Wireless Broadband.

The other day I wanted to check the TV guide on Foxtel and it didnt want to show the time period I wanted, I thought maybe the details are only available to 'Customers' so I clicked on 'My Account' and thats when I got the message 'Sorry, this isnt available to me as I am not in Australia' !!!

I have checked twice since and got the same message so I can only conclude its not a website problem but Foxtel doesnt recognise my ISP address.
    However, this has NOT affected Foxtel Go as I can open the site, chose a program to play and it does.......

I did ring Foxtel (accounts) about this but I dont think they had a clue what I was talking about so I will have to try another avenue to contact them.

So far as I am aware, Foxtel is the only one I have had problems with recognising my ISP.

Another hiccup on the electronic Cyber Highway to the future.............
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Gordon, I am on Sky Muster & have no problem accessing my Foxtel account or the online guide.

My guess is your browser or PC is displaying the incorrect country or you have your location blocked.
    have you tried different browser, like FF or Chrome?

If that is not the case; talk to your ISP, HarbourSat i think it is from memory, as they may be of more help than level 1 Foxtel staff. I doubt it's Foxtels problem.

EDIT: To turn on or off the location of your PC.
    Check this out.
    Last edited by Tiny; 27-07-16 at 06:55 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

william10 (27-07-16)

Premium Member

Thanks

Tiny, I was hoping you would read this and if you were having any problems as your the only other person I know on SkyMuster.
    I have rung both Harbour and Foxtel and got nowhere.
    With Foxtel I didnt ring their service number but another that was supplied on the page that popped up telling me I am not in Australia.
    As for the browser, I am using Firefox and I have no idea where this 'Location' is you mention.
    Harbour told me to check 'whatismyip.com' site and I got my IP address from it and it shows Mudgee for the location for HarbourISP which is correct.

BTW, while I was waiting for a HarbourISP operator to answer the phone, they had a voice over saying SkyMuster was having problems but it wasnt affecting me as far as I could tell but yesterday I was offline for 45 minutes from 3.25 pm to 4.10pm followed by a loss of a few minutes around 4.35pm.

I have had a look at that link you gave me but I am not sure what it does or how to use it, at least not yet.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 27-07-16 at 10:53 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Interesting, went to 'whatismyip.com' myself & it says location Melbourne, Vic? Guess that is where my ISP is??

Anyway back to your dilemma, I did some checking & FireFox uses your IP to identify location, it only shares your location with websites that ask for it by asking you for permission to share.
    Firefox works with existing web standards for using the IP Address of the connection at your end or by using the Geo-location feature for wireless (WiFi) connection.

So back to the Foxtel issue, your IP address is showing your location correctly, yet the website is misreading it?? Hmm.
    I have no idea how to fix that.

Actually, just logged in & checked my account at Foxtel & they don't ask for permission for location & no permissions have been granted.

Checked the Online TV Guide, same thing & I can get it to show channels for any location I choose in its settings if i'm not logged in, yet if I log in it bases channels on my Package & Location.

So the only thing I can suggest is to clear your browser cache & history, then try again.

Go to the menu 3 bars at upper right of browser, then select Options/Privacy/Clear Your Recent History.

This will clear all web page data in your cache including active logins (which means you will have to re-enter passwords for all sites that you have given permission to remember you & automatically log in).

Other than that I'm stumped.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Premium Member

Thanks

Tiny, I have no problem checking the Foxtel TV guide, I only mentioned that because thats what I was doing that started this whole shemozzle.
    When it didnt fully load all the guide I wanted, I thought maybe it wants me to 'Log In' to get to the part I wanted to check and thats when it found out I have this problem.
    I have tried since and I have no problem checking the guide or accessing Foxtel GO, only I cannot get into My Account because of this problem.
    I have looked and still checking but so far as I can tell, Location is turned ON so I will keep on looking.

Thanks again.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

If you still have your Telstra wireless connection, try that & see if it's any better.
    Cheers, Tiny