Thread: Defeway 16 Channel DVR NO BUZZER?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Defeway 16 Channel DVR NO BUZZER?

I purchase a Spare latest model Defeway 16 Channel Security Camera DVR as a BACK UP in case if the Early model DVR dies (running well touch wood) and I tested it just to make sure it works with its NEW WD Purple Drive (like the older one) and I cannot get the Buzzer inside the Box to Buzz when options are selected to BUZZ on the Front Door Camera when motion is detected and Video failure or on any camera. Now the Options are Clearly there and can be selected on the Newer Model DVR to select Motion Detection, Video Failure and Buzzer select on.
    My Older DVR Buzzes it head off when required so there is no problem there but the NEW DVR will no Buzz at all even with all correct settings and removing a BNC connector on the rear which should bring up the Video Failure BUZZ.

Now after pulling my hair out I decided to remove the NEW DVR, Took the Lid off and I found the Buzzer MISSING but the spot for it is there. The Older DVR has one. Buzzers are available to be purchased from ebay as the Older DVR uses Buzzer TMB 12A05 which are available in 3V,5V, and 12Volt. Now If I fit a correct Voltage Buzzer would it Work?. The New DVR position for the Buzzer is marked B1 (like the Older DVR) but does not tell you which terminal Hole is Positive or Negative like the older DVR . All it has is two holes inside a marked circle, one has a Square gold hole the other is round? Does Square Donate Positive Or Negative?
    I've contacted the Supplier and I'm still waiting for a reply for this issue.

Old DVR

New DVR with missing Buzzer

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Seems this new model DVR that has been replaced quickly by another is a white Elephant. Done some testing today with a multi meter with the lid off and I set the Motion detect to work with the Buzzer selected and once someone walks in front of the camera the Security Monitor inside Shows a person flashing that Motion detection has detected someone but at the same time the multi meter inside the box shows Zero Volts across the two gold holes where the Buzzer should live but it isn't.
    All setting are correct, the Multi Meter should pick some voltage up either 3 or 5 or 12 Volts.

Thanks

Its seems the Latest 16Ch DVR and the box before it do not have a buzzer, Useless! because a Few of us that I know liked the Defeway DVR (older box) because it had a Working internal buzzer and because of this you would set the Option Motion detection then the Buzzer option on, what camera you want motion detection to work and in my case like others the front DOOR, then you set the sensitivity, area,of the front door to trigger the buzzer and after this all is a go.
    By having this as soon as a person walks 1M from your front Door the Buzzer goes off and we can hear it a long way from the front door as the DVR is closer to the Kitchen area.
    Now another problem with the Newer DVR that has positions for two Hard Drive Not one like the earlier DVR that had the working buzzer is it Doesn't log motion Detection on the selected camera and because of this if you go out then come back home you cannot check your Log to see who triggered the Front door buzzer. USELESS!! Now please Note I have the New model DVR set on MANUAL to record 24/7 on all cameras. Have not tested any other way.
    Defeway Have two newer 16Ch models but the one I purchased (this is a Spare just in case if the working buzzer one ever dies) that has the Software for the Buzzer yet the buzzer is totally missing is the DVR G016C-E 2.0.0906.2. Release date 2015.09.06. This DVR can be identified on the Right hand side by have a BLUE LED square Approx 50MMx50MM . The Later current model that I was told also does not have a working Buzzer and its identified by having a Perfectly round Blue LED approx 50MM diameter. Not sure if this has a working LOG for motion Detection.
    No Buzzer No Log for Motion Detection on Manual = USELESS
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 20-08-16 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks

Isn't there a way of using the alarm relay on most DVRs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhuyu View Post
    There unfortunately is no Alarm relay or Outputs in these New models of DVR's. Just say that after setting the Motion Detection up for a Camera (Front Door) then I set up the Buzzer to work for motion detection, All the Software on the box for this is 100% set up correctly and it accepts my changes but the problem is there is no internal buzzer although the Software tells you there is a Buzzer to set. I even got my daughter to walk out the front door and one second later on the Soniq 32 inch Monitor I see the "WALKING MAN in RED" for that channel meaning there has been motion detected but at the same time I have a multi meter across those two gold holes (Look at the Picture above) where the Buzzer should be and there is ZERO Volts.
    If this system had an external output for Normally open or Closed contacts I would make my own buzzer Circuit but is has Nothing like this. The Odd thing is in the Software for each channel being a Camera there is a setting for External alarm and you have to Tick IT. Now at the Same time there is another window asking you are you using NORMALLY Open or NORMALLY CLOSED Contacts. Hummmmm.
    Me think that this Software is an generic one and it doesn't match the Hardware.
    As for the construction of these Defeway Boxes they are very well built and I like them and I do also like the idea that you can have 2 4TB hard drives in the box now that Massive a total of 8TB Plus many other good features.
    The Boxes have a zillion features but unfortunately don't have the Buzzer working (software there for it) and I can't see anywhere where you can get a LOG of Camera Motion Detection (Video loss you can) so by this the Monitor see's a "WALKING MAN IN Red" Actually he looks like the Johnie Walker Whiskey walking man but the Trouble is we are not in front of the Monitor to see this all the time.
    Its Simple. Defeway. Get your Buzzer working again, A great Door Bell !!!!! and other uses, Get your logs to log Channel motion that has been detected and to be able to log the time to the last second LIKE YOUR OLDER BOX DID LIKE THE ONE I'M USING NOW and if you do this I'll stop telling people to buy the Jaycar system because as great as your DVR's and they are good you fail miserably in the two most wanted options. Well at least for me and my other two friends that are waiting for me to tell them what they need to buy..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhuyu View Post
    zhuyu
    Can you contact you Chinese Brothers and let them know the issue with these DVR's. Sorry to say I have very poor Chinese speaking skills.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    zhuyu
    Can you contact you Chinese Brothers and let them know the issue with these DVR's. Sorry to say I have very poor Chinese speaking skills.
    I'm Joking LOL.LOL Not easy to contact this mob. There Web site is very basic.

This looks like our one although the Model numbers are different but the Specs look the same.
    Model/Модель/型号:D1316L