Thread: LG 42LD560 PSU Problem? (stuck in standby)

Thanks

Default LG 42LD560 PSU Problem? (stuck in standby)

Hi Austech,

First time posting and am hoping you can help me out. I am a novice so dumb down stuff to the point a small furry animal could perhaps read it.

Trying to get a TV going for the garage and I have this faulty LG LCD so i'm hoping, with help, I can get it going without buying a replacement board.

Tools avail:
    Multimeter
    Soldering gear
    Variable heat gun
    Common sense around electricty
    etc

TV: LG 42LD560
    PSU: EAX61124201/15

Symptoms:
    Will not boot. will not react to the remote. Is stuck in standby with its red light slowly pulsing.
    Inverter Test Result: Working. When put into inverter test backlight stays on and does not go off.
    Board looks physically OK, no domed caps and solder joins look fine.

Output voltages are incorrect (I can go through and test them again and post if needed) but very irregular, sometimes 0, sometimes I get weird voltages on *some* of the outputs (Like one 20V will test OK, one will test 3.5V). Power ON/OFF remains 0. I am not sure whether these voltages would be turned on once the TV turns on? Anyway there's a ebay repair kit that comes with all the capacitors (C220 C210 C218 C205 C217 C215 C208) beside the output to main plug. I do not have an ESD meter to test the caps. Could this be my issue? I don't mind doing a blanket change to check.

Thanks!!

Edit: Blanket changed all the capacitors (except 220uf 25v) between the volt regs & the output to main plug ($4aud meh). No change in symptoms... Have not re-checked the DC outputs on main plug. TV still stuck in standby.

Should i just bite the bullet & buy a new PSU board?
    Last edited by mostachio; 31-08-16 at 01:35 PM. Reason: because i needed to edit it...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Same issue

Hi,

My TV is a 32LD450 with exactly same PSU EAX61124201/15 and same symptoms. Can we already conclude that the issue lies on the PSU and not main board? I am searching the net, in other forums I found similar issues but not solution published so far. Should I just gave up and pay 50USD to buy a new PSU or does anyone have a better clue to nail down to the issue at component level?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skywriter View Post
    Hi,

My TV is a 32LD450 with exactly same PSU EAX61124201/15 and same symptoms. Can we already conclude that the issue lies on the PSU and not main board? I am searching the net, in other forums I found similar issues but not solution published so far. Should I just gave up and pay 50USD to buy a new PSU or does anyone have a better clue to nail down to the issue at component level?

Thanks for your help!
    Australian TV? Is that $50 USD plus postage? Careful with the part numbers, EAX61124201/15 is likely to be the PCB number, can be several versions of PSU based on one board print.

look to see if there is a white sticker or better still post an image. could be a sequence of numbers EAY60868901 within a long sequence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw2005 View Post
    Australian TV? Is that $50 USD plus postage? Careful with the part numbers, EAX61124201/15 is likely to be the PCB number, can be several versions of PSU based on one board print.

look to see if there is a white sticker or better still post an image. could be a sequence of numbers EAY60868901 within a long sequence.
    Hi Thank you for your reply. I bought the TV in Sweden and I am located in Norway nowadays. Here below s the image of my PSU. You were right it is clearly marked PCB: EAX61124201/15 There is another code in the on the board : LGP32-10LF maybe it is this one? Model number from a sticker on TV case is 32ld450-za.bekwLJP
    However, I am starting to think that the problem might not be related to the PSU anymore since I have measured all the voltage outputs from the connector to the main PCB and they look OK... Any suggestion on how to move forward with the investigation?

Thanks for your time!

Thanks

Hi Thank you for your reply. I bought the TV in Sweden and I am located in Norway nowadays. Here below s the image of my PSU. You were right it is clearly marked PCB: EAX61124201/15 There is another code in the on the board : LGP32-10LF maybe it is this one? Model number from a sticker on TV case is 32ld450-za.bekwLJP
    However, I am starting to think that the problem might not be related to the PSU anymore since I have measured all the voltage outputs from the connector to the main PCB and they look OK... Any suggestion on how to move forward with the investigation?

Thanks for your time!

EAY60869102 is the part number. AT a guess could be mainboard. I don't play with these, mostly the panny plasmas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw2005 View Post
    EAY60869102 is the part number. AT a guess could be mainboard. I don't play with these, mostly the panny plasmas
    Hi yesterday while I was taking some measurement on the main PCB the backlights turned ON again . The TV was back to life. Honestly I haven't done more than taking some measurement and tighten the PCB screws... I don't know what happened but the TV is still working fine.

Thanks for your time, I am not sure how long is going to last... in case I will come back to the forum.

Thanks

Hi yesterday while I was taking some measurement on the main PCB the backlights turned ON again . The TV was back to life. Honestly I haven't done more than taking some measurement and tighten the PCB screws... I don't know what happened but the TV is still working fine.

Thanks for your time, I am not sure how long is going to last... in case I will come back to the forum.
    I have heard that it's not too uncommon for TV's to lose ground through poor contact of the mounting screws.
    You could clean the screw hole pads both sides by giving them a light rub with fine sandpaper like 1000 grit or finer then screw it back together.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loopyloo View Post
    I have heard that it's not too uncommon for TV's to lose ground through poor contact of the mounting screws.
    You could clean the screw hole pads both sides by giving them a light rub with fine sandpaper like 1000 grit or finer then screw it back together.
    Hi thanks for your tip ! For the moment I hanged the TV back on the wall if the issue shows up again I will do.