Thread: buying a 6th gen gaming notebook and need some advice!

Thanks

Question buying a 6th gen gaming notebook and need some advice!

Hey guys,

Im hoping to purchase a gaming notebook for a friend of mine and this is not really my area of expertise, hoping someone might be able to give me some advice.
    Ideally I would like to be able to purchase the MSI Stealth Pro intel core i7 notebook, as it has top of the NVIDIA GTX range and a stack of hardware space, but not super keen to pay nearly $3000 AUD for it Similar specs on cheaper models but of course, graphics cards usually in the lower 900 series and only 2GB/4GB RAM as opposed to 6/8GB for the Stealth Pro.

Ive had a look at the Asus ROG gaming range, and considering the GL572 series (maybe the VW?) not as pricey but seems to have the performance potential.
    Id like to keep within a budget of $2000-2500 AUD if possible.

Anyone have experience/own one of these and can recommend any options for me?
    Thanks in advance!!

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,101 Times in 9,098 Posts

I have 2 ROG units. One 960m and one 950m graphics, 16gb ram. Trouble is they cheat in other areas. I have voided the warranty on both machines. The 950m had a crappy 2G wifi card which I replaced. The 960M had the same useless wifi card which I replaced as well as the 250gb SSD that was its sole drive.

I would still recommend these units. One screw underneath allows the easy removal of the optical drive which is simply replaced by a sata3 SSD (or an ordinary drive if you want) in a caddy. There are later models with 1060/1070 graphics cards available now.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.