Network Media Tank - Egreat M34A - anyone have the firmware for it?
I pulled out my old Network Media Tank device, an Egreat EG-M34A and it seems to be bricked!
There used to be firmware around for the device (I have found one version) and also a couple of recovery files that would bring the box back from a failed firmware update.
All of the googled links are long dead - and the device is not supported.
I don't suppose that anyone might have the recovery files for this thing on an old hard drive?
Seems a shame to bin it!
unzip to root of usb stick and plug in, if it doesnt update try below.....
its the same hardware as popcorn hour a110 and can use same firmware......
1. Download the following zip file:
2. Unzip both *.bin files into the root of a USB thumbdrive and plug the USB thumbdrive into the Popcorn Hour A-110 USB port.
3. Connect the Popcorn Hour A-110 to a TV through the Component or Composite outputs (do not connect with HDMI).
4. Power up (Plug in) the Popcorn Hour A-110.
5. Component or Composite video will display following colours depending on the recovery status:
ALL RED SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Required binaries on USB thumbdrive detected, starts recovery
WHITE DOTS ON A RED SCREEN BACKGROUND (4:3 ratio) - reprogramming
ALL YELLOW SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery failed
ALL WHITE SCREEN (4:3 ratio) - Recovery success
6. After successful recovery, power cycle will bring it up again to 01-17-080818-15-POP-403 firmware.
Thanks for the info and suggestions!
I had found those files, but had no success - I get a YELLOW screen with the Popcorn Hour files, and I get nothing with the firmware files
I think it might be REALLY bricked....
I get the initial startup black screen and white writing with "Network Media Tank" splash screen, but nothing after.
Any ideas or other files specific to the Egreat?
I would persevere with popcorn hour recovery methods. There is another method on same page.
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Members who have read this thread: 1