Thread: Help with error after HDD crash

Thanks

Default Help with error after HDD crash

I had a pc hDD crash with a custom piece of software on it I've been able to recover the files and get it to partly run but it comes up with the following error,

[ ] *** Error: (IM002) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Adobe

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Adobe.
    Found this on youtube
    Hope it helps..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

You still have missing or corrupted files. You need to be very careful using this disk. I assume the error comes when running your custom software. This error relates to being unable to access the database for the software. It seems it can't find the database or the odbc driver to use. Is the database intact? Do you have a backup of the database? Be aware that anything you do on this crashed disk can result in destroying your software and data. See if forbirun's link helps. If not:

Ideally you should work off or at least have an image file. Probably the first thing I would do is check the database is intact, uncorrupted and backed up to another disc. Then I would try re-installing the program which would hopefully reinstall the missing or currupted elements relating to odbc access.
    Last edited by DB44; 30-09-16 at 06:39 PM.