Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I use Zinwell scalar ring on Ordok LNBF ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highkick05 View Post
    Yep, original technician that set this up did inform me of the limit toggles inside the positioner. I've altered them at some point in time I think also.

It's all good, I'll be honest I forgot about those limit adjustments inside the positioner over time. I did just replace the reed sensor and 4 core power cable. Went through everything here and rechecked everything, all worked and I was satisfied.

Learning the hard way here, but yep. I've now learnt about the winds , learnt about how solid the pole needs to be and amount of weight bearing on that pole to prevent any issues with tuning. It's all information I need really.

Yeah tristan, read those tutorials when I originally re-set this up again. The inclination and elevation angle adjustment settings I found image searching via google I think. these helped, indicated by one of those tutorials.

Problems I'm having really are to do with software not typically used by most enthusiasts. I've never really had to set limits either way using dvb-s settopbox. This tvheadend thing was unexpected both times it's done it has farked me hard core. sux

But the rewards are pretty cool. Being able to stay upstairs while scanning adhoc feeds and entering keys , streaming all channels to the kids & our bedrooms, not being anywhere the dvb-s2 server is pretty cool

For what it's worth I've only just set all this stuff up so stuff like cable I'll do later. I've just asked the questions to be more informed

mtv, Pretty clear the only problem is the bent inclination bolt. this is a 'T shaped' bolt that's head slots into part of the frame in the round bracket holding the satellite dish. It's definitely the bolt used to adjust inclination, second time I've bent this bloody thing and I don't have any spares. It's a heavy duty pheonix brand I think, it's American bcos the original top hole for the positioner was on the right side, I ended up drilling hole in exact opposite side and changing it over (worked flawlessly). Installer said it's one of the better heavy duty ones. I think these inclination bolt's are pretty standard, I ripped the one out of a spare shite bent dish I bought second hand from Perth and never used

Send u a pic tmoz if that helps . thankz both for info and help

Thanks

Yeah, cheers CONAXLE.

It's a major part of setting up the positioner you would think. I never orignally set up this positioner. I never touched it initially bcos I was scared of stuffing everything up, I only slightly adjust it.

When Intelsat 19 is that far over as well? I think I even had it set, do these things move over time ?

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12