Thread: Satking Decoders

Thanks

Default Satking Decoders

I have a Satking decoder. I would like to record one channel while watching another. Is it feasible to buy another Satking to use as a recorder while using the other to watch another channel? Could there or would there be a conflict with the operation of the remote controls ie if I set one Satking to record and then use the other Satking remote to change channels would the recording Satking channel change?
    Would I in fact be better off spending the extra cash to buy a Humax and keep the Satking as a spare (or sell it).

TIA Rod

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

I can confirm that one Satking remote will operate as many Satking boxes as are within earshot of it.

So trying to operate two Satking boxes in the same room could be a bit dodgy (unless you stick the recording one in a cardboard box )

The Satking can record one channel while you watch another IF both channels are on the same transponder e.g. watch ABC, record ABC2.

But if you want to watch and record channels that are on different transponders, you will need a twin tuner unit like the Humax.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

Rodnic (16-10-16)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Agreed,

A dual tuner model would suit your needs better, as both tuners operate entirely independently from each other.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Rodnic (16-10-16)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

personally I'd get the UEC 4639 before the Humax after reading the Humax problems thread.

Yes, I own a UEC 4639 & a 4121 & both still operate well. The user interface is primitive; however they do the job they were designed to do, just.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Rodnic (16-10-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Unfortunately Remote Controls are not 'Devise Specific' ie you buy 6 XYZ brand TV's and the one remote will operate them all.
    Conversely this can be handy if one remote gets misplaced or fails as you have a spare.
    Annoyingly I have run into a problem where the remote for one devise (Topfield Digital Terrestrial STB) causes odd things to appear on the screen of an ONYX brand TV.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Rodnic (16-10-16)