Thread: Replace failed Concept 4000

Thanks

Default Replace failed Concept 4000

Guys,

We have a concept 4000 with an expansion box as well that we have had for well over 10 years. Had lots of problems over the last couple of years with wireless sensors failing, logic control boards going and general instability with false alarms etc.

Our original installer has long since disappeared and the current company we are using do not really know the system well and are no longer prepared to maintain it.

Everyone we speak to about it always has the same answer - this is a business class system and is old and needs replacing. We had historically used the Concept units in our business premises in the past and the installer we used said it made sense to do the same at home - hence why we have it.

I have resigned myself to the fact that we are going to have to replace it.

People i have spoken to (laymen and general DIY experts) have in the majoirty been recommending the Bosch 6000 - but is seems that this may also be aimed at the business more than home market ?

Our requirements/challenges are as follows

1) 2 entry panels needed - one of which would need to be wireless
    2) Large 480M squared house over 3 levels with the majority of internal walls all Besser block
    3) The main control box is in the basement whilst the expansion unit is on the 3rd floor
    4) We currently have 10 PIRs and 8 external doors - but no window/glass protection
    5) 1 external siren and two internal screamers
    6) need back to base monitoring and would also like a 3G option to alert me through text etc

I am in IT and would like to play around with the system and be able to add new technology to it as it evolves - such as Fingerprint readers, electronic door locks, CCTV/Camera, Web/app interface.

Does the Bosch sound like the way to go or would there be something better. ?

We are in Sydney on the lower North Shore - any good installer recommendations that service this area would also be welcome

Craig

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Yes Bosch Solution 6000 sounds like the way to go. Only thing is it does not have wireless code pad. Meets all your other requirements though. You can use the iFob Control app instead.

Thanks

Paradox have a wireless code pad and can handle your needs

Thanks

Default thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by itscrowtime View Post
    Paradox have a wireless code pad and can handle your needs
    Greg,

Lower North Shore in Sydney (Near Chatswood)

ANy more details (link etc) on the Paradox system so i can do some reading please ?

(Sorry not enough posts to be allowed to reply to PMs apparently)

Craig

Thanks

You can use DSC Neo. Will give you more than you need
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Default Poody - can you provide a link with some more info please ?

Not heard of this one before ?

Craig

Thanks

DSC.Com

It is sold in Aussie by Hills
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Default Concept 4000

Quote Originally Posted by curto View Post
    Guys,

We have a concept 4000 with an expansion box as well that we have had for well over 10 years. Had lots of problems over the last couple of years with wireless sensors failing, logic control boards going and general instability with false alarms etc.

Our original installer has long since disappeared and the current company we are using do not really know the system well and are no longer prepared to maintain it.

Everyone we speak to about it always has the same answer - this is a business class system and is old and needs replacing. We had historically used the Concept units in our business premises in the past and the installer we used said it made sense to do the same at home - hence why we have it.

I have resigned myself to the fact that we are going to have to replace it.

People i have spoken to (laymen and general DIY experts) have in the majoirty been recommending the Bosch 6000 - but is seems that this may also be aimed at the business more than home market ?

Our requirements/challenges are as follows

1) 2 entry panels needed - one of which would need to be wireless
    2) Large 480M squared house over 3 levels with the majority of internal walls all Besser block
    3) The main control box is in the basement whilst the expansion unit is on the 3rd floor
    4) We currently have 10 PIRs and 8 external doors - but no window/glass protection
    5) 1 external siren and two internal screamers
    6) need back to base monitoring and would also like a 3G option to alert me through text etc

I am in IT and would like to play around with the system and be able to add new technology to it as it evolves - such as Fingerprint readers, electronic door locks, CCTV/Camera, Web/app interface.

Does the Bosch sound like the way to go or would there be something better. ?

We are in Sydney on the lower North Shore - any good installer recommendations that service this area would also be welcome

Craig
    Craig ,

Predominently these were designed to work via a control room , SMS alerts were done by a Module called the FE3000, some earlier versions were only single path , then they introduced Multipath , this included IP reporting but only to a control room as it required the correct receiver to work .

Honestly Paradox is good but finichy , if your going to go Bosch 6000, it can work without the need to replace the end of line resistors as this will involve at least 1 day or longer , It can be done via expanders with the correct config.

I am In Melbourne otherwise I would have had a crack at it , however , if you get in touch with a company called CSD they should be able to provide a certified tech (note This is a wholesaler and will not sell you anything directly).
    I know ADT send Customer sms alerts , they may also have someone who knows it, A system that size , I would autonaticaaly connect up via software then determine what is wrong , however I am aware the later version 4 and 5.70 did have issues .
    Hope this helps

Thanks

Please tell me you went with paradox

• The Following User Says Thank You to deanfourie For This Useful Post:

itscrowtime (03-01-17)