Thread: DJI Mavic Pro

Thanks

Default DJI Mavic Pro

Hey guys, new to the forums

I'm trying to buy myself a super bad ass drone. I looked at the dji phantom 4, and the few others but this one I think is the one

Has anyone flown one or own one? Is it better then the phantom 4 for making movies? can i fly it inside?
    Cheers
    Jared

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

If movie making is your thing, then it's beneficial to have removable/replaceable cameras and gimbals, which the DJI Mavic Pro does not offer.

Like any drone/quadcopter, you cannot fly it inside if people are present.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

I some how missed this post last week.

Anyway, looks like a nice little unit, however as mtv said, the lack of camera flexibility is a minus.
    The GoPro Karma may be a better choice in the folding compact movie drones, as it's got removable gimbal & GoPro mount; meaning you can run a GoPro form camera of your choice in it.

If a flying camera is all you want out of it, then the Mavic looks like a great little unit packed full of features.

You can fly any drone inside, however It’s illegal to fly within 30m of other people & unless you are an experienced pilot you are going to crash it into something & brake it or something else expensive, even though it reportedly has obstacle avoidance technology, until it's been thoroughly tested & the bugs are ironed out, I wouldn't trust it.
    Unfortunately, All new drones on the market get released with buggy software that takes a few updates to sort out.
    I'd like to believe that DJI & other drone manufacturers can release a new product with 100% bug free software, but that hasn't happened yet to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by Tiny; 28-10-16 at 10:06 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

I wouldn't call the Mavic a super bad arse drone. But then I guess it's somewhat subjective. If you want something trick, check out Rotor Riot on YouTube and the gear they're using. That's where it's at.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Another interesting vid of the 2, this time with actual flight footage to compare.

Direct link =
    Last edited by Tiny; 06-11-16 at 09:36 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

I will say the Mavic is pretty awesome. Far more portable than the rest of my gear. The Mavic, controller, 3 batteries and spare props all fit in a bag that's the size of a medium DSLR zsoulder bag.