Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what nbn plan do you have?

Thanks

Supposed to be installed tomorrow - FTTN with MyRepublic, unlimited 100/40 Mbps, $79.99 + unlimited local, national & Australian mobile number calls, zero setup cost, $1 modem (compulsory) on 12 month plan.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

levend (22-02-17),william10 (29-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    Supposed to be installed tomorrow - FTTN with MyRepublic, unlimited 100/40 Mbps, $79.99 + unlimited local, national & Australian mobile number calls, zero setup cost, $1 modem (compulsory) on 12 month plan.
    Well what is the verdict any good???!!

Thanks

I live rural we were due to get it the year Abbott won
    Still dont have it and when it comes its going to be sat not FTTN
    I hope it doesnt come till after the Libs lose the next election and we get FTTN again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blade_900au View Post
    Well what is the verdict any good???!!
    Probably not as he can't connect to the internet hehe

• The Following User Says Thank You to levend For This Useful Post:

allover (22-02-17)

Thanks

Very happy. I've been overseas for 3 weeks, but my son has been house sitting and he's been hitting it hard without ANY issues. My ONLY problem is trying to get my home phone number ported. MR told me that Dodo had de-activated it, but ny 1st Dodo contact tried to tell me that Telstra had removed it. After a bit of meery-go-rounding, I got onto someone at Dodo who said it was still active so I asked for it to be ported to my Dodo VOIP account. Once it is all sorted, I'll transfer it to MR as they're also cheaper for VOIP.

Thanks

If you're on FW keep away from MyRepublic, as it uses Optus they can't give me more than 4/4 on an "up to" 50/20 FW plan, my SkyMesh 25/5 plan is way faster. And now I've lodged a complaint with the TIO to get out of the 12 month contract and to not pay the ETF.

• The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Very happy. I've been overseas for 3 weeks, but my son has been house sitting and he's been hitting it hard without ANY issues. My ONLY problem is trying to get my home phone number ported. MR told me that Dodo had de-activated it, but ny 1st Dodo contact tried to tell me that Telstra had removed it. After a bit of meery-go-rounding, I got onto someone at Dodo who said it was still active so I asked for it to be ported to my Dodo VOIP account. Once it is all sorted, I'll transfer it to MR as they're also cheaper for VOIP.
    Cheaper VOIP Most companies have unlimited data unlimited local mobile and interstate plans are you going with someone where you have to pay for all calls?

Thanks

Check your facts. MR has unlimited for $20/month, Dodo have call charges, Internode have credit for calls (amount depends on which plan), Telstra charge and extra $30/month for free calls, etc.

Thanks

Check your facts. MR has unlimited for $20/month, Dodo have call charges, Internode have credit for calls (amount depends on which plan), Telstra charge and extra $30/month for free calls, etc.
    MR is the Singapore company ? sorry i was thinking of another one(- MyNetFone) lol. And when i said other company's i meant TPG Iprimus of this world as with internode which was a great company they have never been cheap and telstra are telstra .
    Mr is the only one so far where you know upfront where you stand all the others are confusing as to what speed with the offers so on.
    Only reason i might stay with iprimus is mum gets to call greece all the time for no extra cost.

Thanks

Just checked Mr site and to get what i get now it would cost 89 dollars compared to 79 dollars i pay now and have been told it will stay the same when the nbn comes in. But then again they didn't tell me what speed plan that would be.
    BTW where did you see the 20 dollar unlimited on the mr site?
    Last edited by levend; 26-02-17 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks

JGM how is the service going? I have one month left before i can connect still deciding who to go with.

Thanks

I have been connected with Exetel FTTN 25/5 500gb $59 month for about 6 months and it has been fine. I live in Kilmore Victoria, I recently asked Exetel to check my line to see if I could go to 100 mbps but they recommended that it would not be worth it

Thanks

Very happy with MyRepublic. Speed is really good & haven't had any problems, apart from their DNS being a tad flaky (I just use google 8.8.8.8). I have had problems trying to get my phone number ported though. I was with Dodo, & my phone number was cancelled as soon as I was cut over to NBN, and it couldn't be ported to NBN. I have had a TIO case running for months, but it appears that Telstra are the problem. Dodo retailed Telstra services, & Telstra insisted every time I contacted them, that Dodo had the number. I just found out that Telstra gave it to someone else in the last few days. They have been lying the whole time, as they were the ones who cancelled it and then tried to blame Dodo. MyRepublic have been excellent, and have not charged me for the VOIP connection until the number issue is sorted.

I have had just about everybody who sells NBN services here letter box me, and none of the offers approach the MyRepublic offer (unlimited, 100/40, unlimited calls to local, national & mobiles for $79.99). A few of them have had the same priced offers, but with speed of only 12/1.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

levend (15-06-17),william10 (14-06-17)

Thanks

MyRepublic's $59.99 You do not get a public IP if thats a problem you have to goto the $69.99 package.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INFO View Post
    MyRepublic's $59.99 You do not get a public IP if thats a problem you have to goto the $69.99 package.
    Yeah called the gamer package. Only problem with MR is they use the optus network and are getting a lot of problems and bad public reports. Aussie broadband were using optus offpeak and quickly gave them the bullet.
    I would love to join them for the price but from what i read the service desk is not traveling to well with all the problems they are having.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Yeah called the gamer package. Only problem with MR is they use the optus network and are getting a lot of problems and bad public reports. Aussie broadband were using optus offpeak and quickly gave them the bullet.
    I would love to join them for the price but from what i read the service desk is not traveling to well with all the problems they are having.
    1. I have no need for the gamer package, but even paying an extra $10/month you are still WAY better off than the competition.

2. The may be using Optus for ADSL, but for NBN connections, they are only using Optus techs to do the connections. Other than that, they have NOTHING to do with Optus or any other telco.

3. Their service desk is brilliant! It can take a fairly long wait (but have you ever tried to contact Telstra?), but when you get through you talk to an Australian whose native language is English, and who is knowledgeable and is able to make decisions himself.

Over the years I have been with 8 different Telcos before MyRepublic, and the only other one who came ANYWHERE near them for service was Internode, and that was years ago before they were sold to iiNet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    I got the Telstra M Bundle for $90 with the 100 Speed boost thrown in for free - somehow I always end up with 700GB per month so I'm not complaining.
    You should've pressed them for the free speed boost, if you're persistant they'll give it to ya.

Don't hold your breath waiting for NBN to connect you to the node, they're almost always a 'no show' - unless they have got their act together now.
    Just a question WhiteOx, it seems the NBN is almost here for me so I thought I had better have a look around.

I am currently with Telstra and happy to stay with them, how do they price speed as per their bundles below as they dont seem to mention speed ?

M Bundle for $99 suits me, but they don't state what speed that gets you ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Just a question WhiteOx, it seems the NBN is almost here for me so I thought I had better have a look around.

I am currently with Telstra and happy to stay with them, how do they price speed as per their bundles below as they dont seem to mention speed ?

That would be the base plan, up to 25Mbps
    Base - up to 25Mbps
    Very Fast Speed Boost - up to 50Mbps
    Super Fast Speed Boost - up to 100Mbps

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tech4U For This Useful Post:

admin (18-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Telstra default speed is the 25/5 all prices you see are for that speed. They have like the previous poster said a boost which costs a further 20 dollars a month. The web site is horrendous in explaining the speeds you get so much so try finding the boost button.
    After months of searching and pulling my hair out i went the aussie way and signed up with leaptel 50/20 unlimited plan for 89 dollars.

The guy i spoke with was clear and went out of his way to answer any concerns a had. The main reason i went with them is the good reviews they have gotten so far in whirlpool not like most others where even the top listed isp Skymesh has gone down hill over night since the poms bought them out.
    This is the link to the whirlpool sight if im allowed to link not sure with the policy here.

Anyway i made my decision each to their own i guess as one might find mr good and 5 others curse the day they joined and that goes for most isps as the mess this nbn has brought us is jut that a mess.
    PS ADMIN like telstra Optus advertises unlimited nbn for some 60 dollars but they fail to disclose its only for the 12/1 speed Which is their default.
    Last edited by levend; 16-06-17 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks

just because telstra give you the free "bonus" speed boost, doesnt mean you actually get it, mate got offered it and took it up, they are fttp, went to speedtest, nup, still only 23/4 speeds. check and see you get what you actually pay for. my mates aren't worried as they arent paying any more for it, but if they were then yeah, tio would be getting involved

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast