Thread: Sawtron KG107 Tuning

Thanks

Default Sawtron KG107 Tuning

Hello, I am trying to tune a KG107 (F) onto UHF CB, radio has been programmed but when I remove the tone board the rx is dead, is there a jumper needed? does anyone have a service manual for the uhf KG107? cheers Yobbo
    Last edited by Yobbo; 28-08-08 at 12:36 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There sure is a link needed. I've long since forgotten which pins, but if you go to the yahoo group Australian_PMR group, somewhere in there is a text file I put offering hints and tips for the KG107 / 999.

Tuning the 107 isn't hard... so long as you don't want to cover extreme bandwidths. Set your radio for centre channel, and tune the VCOs for lock in the centre of the lock range. Also tune the front end for best senstitivity. Might also want to tickle the PA for best output power vs. current drawn (ie don't go for best output power flat out... it has to be reasonable, like 5-7 amps for 25 watts output, or 2 amps for 5 watts)
    Sorry, no service manual. Only user manual (also at the yahoo group indicated)

Thanks

Hello, I checked that group, it makes reference to a website but does not actually tell which website, thanks anyhow

Thanks

OK, I found the original website (how unusual that its not been lost!)

About 1/4 the way down the page theres a pic of a 5 pin header plug that has two solder bridges. Copy that and use it in your KG107 / 999.
    There is also a KM450 service manual to download (near the top of the page)- I'm not sure how much of it is compatible with the KG107 / 999.

Thanks

Thanks for that, this KG107 is starting to make me think why do I bother with old radios, I was cleaning up some radio junk boxes and found a mounting bracket for a 107 and though if I come accross a cheap 107 I will buy it and put it in the old dump ute, sure enough I found one on ebay already programmed with uhf cb for $120. programmed yes, tuned no, I like Kyodo equipment, I have a few CB repeaters using 110`s. I`ll stick with it and nut it out, thanks again for your help

Banned
    Thanks

Smile andrews coms in greystanes are good

hi andrews coms in greystanes is good. another guy in concord west in sydney, i can give you a number for to his name is kel hes a top tech guy. i have as service manual for a 999 and a 107 the 107 does 25watts standard ,thx hamguy2 nsw