Thread: Sound from monitor connected to TVI DVR

Thanks

Default Sound from monitor connected to TVI DVR

Hi. I was at a site today with a strange issue. They have Hikvision TVI DVR and 12x cameras (some new Hikvision cams and some old analogs). DVR is connected to a Jaycar 'security' monitor (which has speakers) via HDMI. It's on the local network and iVMS runs on 3x PC's. Problem is, when sound is played from PC (which is hardwired to network and can be any sound), it plays through speakers of Security Monitor. No other inputs are used on monitor and DVR (just cameras, HDMI, Network and Mouse). I was there for other issues, so i just turned down vol on monitor (problem solved haha). I doubt the PC is streaming to the monitor lol. Is there something simple i'm missing. Thanks for any help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

have you checked that you don't have the sound ticked in iVMS ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Turner View Post
    have you checked that you don't have the sound ticked in iVMS ?
    Thanks for reply and no i have not. What do you mean by sound ticked? None of the cameras have audio (i get error if i select audio icon - no audio from camera). Every sound from PC plays (music/windows sounds/youtube etc). Why would sound come out of monitor at DVR?

Thanks

iVMS is written with the US and European markets in mind, so it will be capable of accepting sound from "sources". The problem with free software is it's not going to have been tested on every version of every type of OS etc, so the software may be picking up the sound if it's still ticked from "other sources" it shouldn't be looking at. aka it'll be a bug or if you prefer an "undocumented feature"

• The Following User Says Thank You to Clay Turner For This Useful Post:

realistix (03-11-16)