Thread: Is my dish bent or distorted

Thanks

Default Is my dish bent or distorted

I replaced the declination bolt this afternoon after noticing it was bent quite a bit.

I'm not quite getting all transponder's using dual output Odrok LNBF, most obvious is Vertical Polarisation .

I have locked on 92/80 sig/quality on Apstar 7 on Output 1 in Progfinder.

I will get successful V's on Apstar 7, 8 of them on Output 1 and then when I scan on Output 2 from this LNBF , no V will show up at all and V polarisation just disssapears. (skew?)

Things to note is one coaxial in Output 1 is Quad shield, Output 2 is Dual Shield. (could it be signal interference, will buy quad shield now bcos of this)

If I hit TBS Blind scan on Output 2 while running Progfinder on Output 1 the signal cuts out in Progfinder on the locked TP. Is this kind of behaviour typical or should both work simultaneously ?

I am finding all this unusual.

I used to get 82/83 quality signals from MEasat and Apstar 7 using Zinwell single output LNBF

After bending this dish bolt also , and I'm not sure when this may has occurred .. perhaps as an outcome of the dish coming out of its positioner twice due east... when facing the dish completely straight due north with both axis (prongs) facing straight. My dish is in fact slighty slanted to the east maybe about 1 or 2 degrees and NOT pointing exactly straight up. IS this suppsoed to be straight upwards , I'm pretty sure it has to be. Any idea's if this can be an adjusted , it seems quite weird considering everything else looks dead straight.

Any help highly appreciated. I know the common answers will be everything needs to be straight etc etc

I will try placing the Zinwell back on to see if it IS infact the Odrok LNBF. The fact I get V's from 1 Output and then no V's coming through Output 2 is pretty concerning and I gobsmacked every time it happens

With this Odrok LNBF , if I try tune in on Output B , working H Transponders, sometimes the Signal Level hits 97% with no quality coming through? How reliable is this LNBF ? Seems like ouput 2 is completely screwed
    Last edited by highkick05; 01-11-16 at 05:19 PM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highkick05 View Post
    I know the common answers will be everything needs to be straight etc etc
    You've answered your own question then.

As for the LNB/F output differences, obviously there's an issue there somewhere, either with the LNB/F itself, cabling or connections.

There's lots of variations of dualshield coax, so maybe start with replacing it with quadshield RG6 and all newcrimp/compression F connectors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    You've answered your own question then.

As for the LNB/F output differences, obviously there's an issue there somewhere, either with the LNB/F itself, cabling or connections.

There's lots of variations of dualshield coax, so maybe start with replacing it with quadshield RG6 and all newcrimp/compression F connectors.
    thanks for reply mtv

I've just done that then, bought a fresh RG6 quad shield cable , it's around 25 metres to the house. Initially when testing the Output 2 side, it scanned all Vertical.

NOW, it's back to the same thing after putting the cone back on the lnbf, still same issues with a fresh quad shield cable.

Quite strange behaviour wouldn't you say ? Originally when I put this LNBF in the scalar, we were watching both Output 1 & 2 with no problems. Maybe the multiple times I've screwed it in the scalar the LNBF has become warped. friggin weird though because it wasn't getting V's high symbol rates on Measat anyway.. weird LNBF perhaps. looks like output 2 is frrked, actually screw that, looks like it's selectively deciding which output works with what. bahh crap, buying another dual output LNBF.

any high performing Dual Output C-BAND LNBF'S ? or just get a solid brand 15k and don't muck around with it too much
    Last edited by highkick05; 01-11-16 at 11:32 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Highkick05, this subject has been covered extensively in your other thread at .

If you are not prepared to go back to square one and eliminate all the inadequacies in your dish installation, as previously outlined by myself and others, i.e. (1) dish mounting post fixed firmly in ground or to building, (2) post perfectly perpendicular, etc., etc., there is really no point whatsoever in continuing to ask the same questions, albeit in slightly different ways.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

If you swap the two cables over and the results are reversed, then it points to an LNB/F issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    If you swap the two cables over and the results are reversed, then it points to an LNB/F issue.
    I've eliminated it extensively now, I did it with the Dual shield swapped over to the Quad cable on output 2 and scanned with that. Now both are Quad and I'm seeing the same issues I'm positive its the Dual Output Odrok LNBF

Output 2 is not blind scanning any V's unless I've completely re-adjusted re-altered skew or I've powered on a channel for a selective period of time and swap over (that's kind of the behaviour I'm seeing)
    then it only brings up the V side once. if not at all

Tommorw I will throw the old Zinwell in and see the variances. I think scanning Measat completey using the Zinwell will show if it's dish or malfunctioning LNBF.

tristen, I have used this setup before and never had a problem with alignment on the 'belt' or signal. If I get a new dish I will more than likely dig a hole and do it all properly.
    Will never put the dish above the fence line again, this wind is quite annoying at times.

lol , and after typing all this, I'm actually watching 3856V out of output 2 with no problems, just need to zap output 1 to another channel prehand cos it doesn't work out of output 1 (currently), craaayyzehhh