Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phased Lock Loop on LNBF

Thanks

put the zinwell back on w/ it's scalar ring. so much better. scanned high SR on V straight away on Apstar 7 Measat 3.. zap channels through tvheadend 100% stable no weird random tuning issues. Bugger that, never putting that Odrok back on.

Have an idea the thicker Zinwell scalar ring might even allow me to use both outputs on the Odrok but I still woudln't get high SR Vertical's on Apstar & Measat. So I wait & buy the Titanium or this BSC422 C-band LNBF - Twin output, cos the WSI looks liek a cheap plastic clone. Plus it sells through amikonz . Post back when I have this all setup ( month or so )

B52, if the Titanium is near new how you're saying. I'd go you $30 and pay postage if u want. $93 brand new delivered from the USA. Pretty pointless buying second hand when you can get brand new for an extra $20

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highkick05 View Post
    B52, if the Titanium is near new how you're saying. I'd go you $30 and pay postage if u want. $93 brand new delivered from the USA. Pretty pointless buying second hand when you can get brand new for an extra $20
    Honestly waste of money, your Zinwell gives higher signal quality... Dual output LNB require MultiSwitch distribution. You'd be better of with an OCS (One Cable Solution) LNB you can split the output to as many receivers since the Vertical channels are cascaded on top of the Horizontal channels.

Mediastar UHG515N single output is the better performer it cost me $50 including postage from Sydney. Titanium warranty is in the states,
    Last edited by B52; 10-11-16 at 11:46 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

highkick05 (13-11-16)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Have an idea the thicker Zinwell scalar ring might even allow me to use both outputs on the Odrok but I still woudln't get high SR Vertical's on Apstar & Measat.
    We discussed this in another of your threads, but you don't appear to be listening.

Scalar rings are matched to specific LNB/F's.

Mixing LNBF's and scalar rings will affect performance, which you've already proven to yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Honestly waste of money, your Zinwell gives higher signal quality... Dual output LNB require MultiSwitch distribution. You'd be better of with an OCS (One Cable Solution) LNB you can split the output to as many receivers since the Vertical channels are cascaded on top of the Horizontal channels.
    Be careful with those OCS. You can switch H to V and vice versa, but what you cannot do is change the LO and they cannot scan 3500 freqs
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

highkick05 (13-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Be careful with those OCS. You can switch H to V and vice versa, but what you cannot do is change the LO and they cannot scan 3500 freqs
    The LO settings of most receivers sold in Australia include OCS 5150/5750 or 5750/5150 they are narrow band and therefore reduce 4G interference. Not suitable for Vietnamese, Thaicom

highkick05 (13-11-16)

Thanks

Mediastar UHG515N single output is the better performer it cost me $50 including postage from Sydney. Titanium warranty is in the states,
    What's the suppliers name ?

Yeah need dual output though cos misses watches 1 while kids want another chan on diff mux. Can't watch both atm.

Yeah Zinwell really does a lot better than the Odrok. I'm no expert but I think it's made out of some really cheap thin metal, Zinwell I can't get the screw too far in that, hard is rock

Thanks

Yeah need dual output though cos misses watches 1 while kids want another chan on diff mux. Can't watch both atm.
    Using an OCS LNB allows you to split the cable to as many receivers, each can receive the V or H independently at the same time. This is because the OCS LNB has 2 L/O's 5150 for H of which the output is down converted to 950 - 1450 MHz and 5750 for the V Tp's which are down converted to 1550 - 2050 MHz. The receiver tuner range is from 950 to 2150 MHz and so it can receiver both V and H on a liner scan. this does away with the need of switching 13/18 Volt and the need for dual output LNB. MTI,SatKing,Mediastar are some of the brands selling in your local sat shope.

highkick05 (13-11-16)

Thanks

Using an OCS LNB allows you to split the cable to as many receivers, each can receive the V or H independently at the same time. This is because the OCS LNB has 2 L/O's 5150 for H of which the output is down converted to 950 - 1450 MHz and 5750 for the V Tp's which are down converted to 1550 - 2050 MHz. The receiver tuner range is from 950 to 2150 MHz and so it can receiver both V and H on a liner scan. this does away with the need of switching 13/18 Volt and the need for dual output LNB. MTI,SatKing,Mediastar are some of the brands selling in your local sat shope.
    so how is the independent seperation done in the software ? typical setup , or is done via multiswitch (hardware)? perhaps link to a switch that can seperate V/H , does it handle the V/H LO setting in this or need to be done in software
    Last edited by highkick05; 13-11-16 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks

FTA Recivers selling in Australia have OCS featuer in the LNB settings.

highkick05 (13-11-16)

Thanks

FTA Recivers selling in Australia have OCS featuer in the LNB settings.
    OK got it. bandstack. Cheers guys legends

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12