Thread: Where can I get this LNB?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Default Where can I get this LNB?

I have a 1.5m prime focus Andrews dish which came off a demolished school building, set up for Ku band.

I've tried it out with a single output Satking prime focus LNB on IS19 and the results are quite impressive....see post #3 in this thread:

I'd now like to set it up permanently and connect into my existing multiswitch.

I could use a Quad Universal (the multiswitch will handle this) but I really don't want to have to run four coaxes from dish to multiswitch.

The ideal would be a dual-output, prime focus, 10700 LNB, but I have scoured the internet thingy and damned if I can find such a beast.

Does anybody know where I could find one of these?

Either LNBF or LNB + feedhorn configuration would be fine.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I have never seen (or heard of) an LNB(F) such as you describe/require.

It might be worthwhile contacting some of the large U.S. or continental LNB manufacturers, i.e. Chaparral, SMW – Swedish Microwave, California Amplifier (Calamp), MTI, etc. to find out if such a beast exists.

In the past, I have used single polarity prime-focus Ku-band LNB fitted to prime-focus Ku-band feed horn (single polarity operation), and single polarity prime-focus LNB fitted to feed incorporating polar-rotor for dual-polarity use.

Have you considered modifying a dual output offset LNBF for prime focus operation?

I have entertained the idea in the past but never got around to attempting it.

There are several threads describing such a venture at and , which might be worth reading. No doubt there are more to be found on the WWW.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (09-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks Tristen,

Think there're a couple of threads hereabouts as well on the subject of LNB modification........will have a look at them again.

Push comes to shove, I'll just have to reel out a bit more coax and put in a Quad.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    I have a 1.5m prime focus Andrews dish which came off a demolished school building, set up for Ku band.

I've tried it out with a single output Satking prime focus LNB on IS19 and the results are quite impressive....see post #3 in this thread:

I'd now like to set it up permanently and connect into my existing multiswitch.

I could use a Quad Universal (the multiswitch will handle this) but I really don't want to have to run four coaxes from dish to multiswitch.

The ideal would be a dual-output, prime focus, 10700 LNB, but I have scoured the internet thingy and damned if I can find such a beast.

Does anybody know where I could find one of these?

Either LNBF or LNB + feedhorn configuration would be fine.
    I use a 4 Port International US Made for my 2.3M Prime Focus Dish where is two of the 4th porter RG6 goes to a Spaun multiswitch and one goes to my Computer Room for a "B" Port to a TBS 6982 Sat Card ("A" Sat Card to ALL Ku Band Sats) the Forth goes to the second Input to my Vu Dou 2 when to Feed Hunting as this makes a difference for poor feeds for my 2.3M dish.

15 Min to type
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 09-11-16 at 10:48 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

irritant (09-11-16),Thala Dan (09-11-16)

Thanks

can get dual p/f universals easy enough
    1 which goes well being inverto p/f twin or dual
    needs c 120 feedhorn available from sateuropa in the uk or justsatstuff.co.nz
    the 10700 freq is a real oddball outside oz

• The Following User Says Thank You to wiilliiss For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (14-12-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

edit: (sorry only single output ......)
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 14-12-16 at 07:29 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (14-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    can get dual p/f universals easy enough
    1 which goes well being inverto p/f twin or dual
    needs c 120 feedhorn available from sateuropa in the uk or justsatstuff.co.nz
    the 10700 freq is a real oddball outside oz
    Thanks for that........unfortunately justsatstuff only sell to NZ customers from their online store.

I've come to the inescapable conclusion that I'll have to get a Quad Universal (Multiswitch involved), and was about to order the Inverto Quad C120 from Satellite superstore in the UK.......got a bit excited when it seemed I might be able to get it from NZ instead, but it appears not.

I notice they have the quad unit in stock, but are out of stock of the C120 flange Feedhorn..........so it would have been a bit academic anyhow.
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 14-12-16 at 09:14 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks for that........unfortunately justsatstuff only sell to NZ customers from their online store....
    Perhaps I am looking at a different website, as both Google and Duckduckgo have nil results for a website called justsatstuff.co.nz, but instead default to .

The terms and conditions on that website state:

Shipping
    1. We will usually use couriers to towns and cities in NZ, NZ Post may be used to rural delivery & outer NZ Islands. International orders are sent by international courier, tracking is available and a signature must be obtained on delivery. We are happy to ship to Australia and Pacific Islands.

I'm somewhat puzzled.....

Thala Dan (15-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Perhaps I am looking at a different website, as both Google and Duckduckgo have nil results for a website called justsatstuff.co.nz, but instead default to .

The terms and conditions on that website state:

Shipping
    1. We will usually use couriers to towns and cities in NZ, NZ Post may be used to rural delivery & outer NZ Islands. International orders are sent by international courier, tracking is available and a signature must be obtained on delivery. We are happy to ship to Australia and Pacific Islands.

I'm somewhat puzzled.....
    Now I'm puzzled as well.

That's the site I ended up on too, after justsatstuff.co.nz gave me a raspberry.

Here's the page on that site with the subject LNBs:

At the top of the page, it is clearly stated:

"Available online to New Zealand customers only"

How to confuse international customers in one easy lesson.

I'll shoot off an email and find out what's the go..........will post the outcome.
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 15-12-16 at 09:36 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

tristen (15-12-16)

Thanks

Reply received from amikonz:

we can ship you any stocked item to Australia, when I get a chance I'll change the website!
    As far as the C120 feed horn goes we are unlikely to stock that any time soon. If there is anything else you would like please let me know and I will calculate shipping for you.
    Looks like the "NZ customers only" thingo is a bit out of date.

I'm afraid a C120 LNB ain't much use without a C120 feed horn

Looks like it's back to the Satellite Superstore......think I'll wait until after the Xmas parcel surge is over before I order though.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

tristen (15-12-16)

Thanks

my inverto twin on a 3m7 dish thru a 5/8 multiswitch gets 98% on 12526h so seems quad lnb unnessesary

they seem a bit expesive certainly as far as caps go, I just use a bit of sellotape
    Last edited by wiilliiss; 15-12-16 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    my inverto twin on a 3m7 dish thru a 5/8 multiswitch gets 98% on 12526h so seems quad lnb unnessesary

they seem a bit expesive certainly as far as caps go, I just use a bit of sellotape
    Agree about the twin........for now.

But it's a case of future-proofing.

Whilst I'll initially be using the 1.5m solid to get a better signal from IS19 12286 H (it has already begun it's annual summer pixellation on the 90cm offset), I will also be using it to have a peek around the satellite Ku universe.

Also, there are Vertical transponders on IS19 which I can't currently receive on the 90cm, but which might be within reach with the 1.5m, and which could carry content of interest in the future.

So, in the long run it will be cheaper to bite the bullet and get the quad now.

It's a pity your NZ crowd can't supply the feedhorn.....I would have been quite happy to place the order with them.

Might look at the economics and the practicalities of getting the LNB from NZ, and the feedhorn from the UK.
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 15-12-16 at 03:39 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Dont get too technical but what is the difference between an Off set and a centre fed LNB?

Both are mounted at the focal point of the dish and except for the means to keep it there, what else is different?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks

The shape of the dish, Gordon.

In simple terms a prime focus dish is round and the LNB is located at the focal point. which is in the centre of the dish.

Technically, an offset dish can be described as a "section" of a prime focus dish, and as such the focal point is in a different position, i.e. it is not in the physical centre of the dish.

This necessitates the use of an "offset" feed horn, to match the shape of the offset dish.

An LNB with an integrated feed horn (i.e. a built-in feed-horn) is described as an LNB(F) or LNBF ("F" for feed).

The page at probably explains it better than I have.

OSIRUS (15-12-16)

Premium Member

Thanks

....I'm afraid a C120 LNB ain't much use without a C120 feed horn
    Melbourne Satellites might have a C120 feed in stock.

There was one listed in their (2015) catalogue.