Thread: I don't know the OS of my Double din car unit

Thanks

Default I don't know the OS of my Double din car unit

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie, just hooked up a "no name double din car unit" in my car. Every other thing works fine - DVD, SD, USB, Reverse cam, (Haven't tried the Wheel and GPS)... Bluetooth connects fine with my iPhone but doesn't connect to my android phone which led me to searching the web. Seeing the UI's of some other units I saw online, I thought about upgrading/updating mine, but I cannot say if it is an android or wince. The system info shows this:

Media Ver: UNION POWER 8288T
    Servo Ver: SA9SD0-CBA-945L
    Update time: Mar 7 2016
    MCU Ver: UP24201512111618
    Panel type: PANEL HSD062IDW1

Tried searching the web with the above info didn't return anything of worth.
    I will appreciate if anyone can help with me the info on this unit and if I can get an upgrade.

Thanks

Zunique

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Android phone connect

Quote Originally Posted by zunique View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a newbie, just hooked up a "no name double din car unit" in my car. Every other thing works fine - DVD, SD, USB, Reverse cam, (Haven't tried the Wheel and GPS)... Bluetooth connects fine with my iPhone but doesn't connect to my android phone which led me to searching the web. Seeing the UI's of some other units I saw online, I thought about upgrading/updating mine, but I cannot say if it is an android or wince. The system info shows this:

Media Ver: UNION POWER 8288T
    Servo Ver: SA9SD0-CBA-945L
    Update time: Mar 7 2016
    MCU Ver: UP24201512111618
    Panel type: PANEL HSD062IDW1

Tried searching the web with the above info didn't return anything of worth.
    I will appreciate if anyone can help with me the info on this unit and if I can get an upgrade.

Thanks

Zunique

I have the same model. My Samsung 7 works perfectly with this unit. However, my MCU Version is different to yours. Mine reads UP24201608161044.
    It may be worth emailing the seller through the link you purchased it through Ebay (I'm assuming this is how you purchased it). They may be able to provide you with a link where a software upgrade is available. Keep the language simple as I asked them for a wiring diagram and they thought I was making a complaint, which I wasn't. Good luck.

Thanks

It's most probably WinCE 6.0
    Manufacturer: Shenzhen Keshangda Electronics Technology

Thanks

Thanks Terry!! Well I didn't buy it online. We've got electronics shops that sell and install these units in my country (Nigeria). These shops are most likely 3rd line buyers from the person that imported the units, so I'm feeling it will be very very hard trying getting the info thru them.
    I wouldn't know if the ones that sold to you will respond to my request, seeing I didn't buy from them, cos I'm guessing your MCU is newer to mine

Thanks

Thanks fromaron! I thought so too, but when I copied a resinfo.exe file to my sd card and inserted into SD GPS slot of the unit, it showed "unsupported file", this made me feel it wasn't a WINCE OS. I wasn't sure if it's meant to be copied to the root of the card, the fear of damaging the unit made me decide to ask more questions first 😊

Thanks

I suggest you contacting the manufacturer I found. I am pretty sure they are the ones you can ask the question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    I suggest you contacting the manufacturer I found. I am pretty sure they are the ones you can ask the question.
    Thanks, will do so right away