Thread: EPG From Satellite Questions

Thanks

Default EPG From Satellite Questions

Hi,

I've been playing around with the PLi Oztivo plugins and have got it to work but in a very unstable manner. I'm not sure if its my DM500, my network, hard drive in my NAS device, my NAS device, how I mounted it, etc, etc.

Anyway, I am wondering why there isn't a method to get the extended EPG from the satellite like the provider Pace box does.

My questions are - How does F@xt@l send its EPG to the Pace box? I think that "current" and "next" show are broadcast with the current stream, but how are the later shows EPG information broadcast to the Pace box? Is there a separate EPG information stream or channel which only the Pace can decode and add to its EPG? If so, can this be decoded to be included into the DMs EPG?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, and a search hasn't really found much information.

Does anyone know, or can speculate the answers to my questions?

bloggs

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It's been a while since i read something about this, so I might be a bit off. What i remember is fox uses proprietary software (OpenTV i think it was?) based off the sky boxes, and all the epg/interactive stuff is through that. They are plugins out there for the sky epg / dreambox but I'm not sure how much success people have had with them. Google is your friend if you want to do further research
    Last edited by keegs; 04-09-08 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling...

Thanks

Thanks keegs,

I will do some research on Open TV and what is happening in Europe with Sky.

bloggs

Thanks

Keep us updated on how you go with this. I am interested in adding this into MythTV.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

@bloggs,

I made a few changes to sky download modules to provide an oztivo download module for this python stuff. This was all e2 though.

More relevant to your query is the satellite download routine which is provided with full source (python). Perhaps you can adapt this to your needs.

cheers

Thanks

Thanks AJM. Will have a play with this on C1 when I have a chance. Looks very promising.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

AJM,

Thanks for the link. I need to brush up on my Italian as well as my programming skills.

I am actually currently using the Nemesis image, so it may not be too difficult to adapt this for our use.

bloggs

Thanks

bloggs. Should not be hard to adapt it to another image. DM's are very open systems with a lot in common over each image. When I start playing around with the script on C1 I will report back if I get any success. I will be aiming to spit out a XML file the same used in MythTV to import listings with Mythupdatedatabase.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloggs View Post
    AJM,

Thanks for the link. I need to brush up on my Italian as well as my programming skills.

I am actually currently using the Nemesis image, so it may not be too difficult to adapt this for our use.

bloggs
    Yeah, My Italian is basically zero. I use a web site called Reverso to translate small chunks at a time. Quite laborious but does give you the gist of what's going on.

cheers