Thread: Fibre to ther CURB ??? what NOW?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Fibre to ther CURB ??? what NOW?

In a report made available to my local Council when they inquired when the district might be connected via the NBN was the comment that this connection might be Fibre to the CURB !!!

I know that FTTH infers an optical fibre connection to each house or business, FTTN infers a street located terminal (node) for the Optic Fibre and from it the current copper telephone lines run from the NODE to each home or business but what is this 'Fibre to the Curb', another 'Jazz' way of saying FTTN ?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It's very similar to FTTH, but the terminating point for the fibre is in the pit outside the home. They then use the existing copper feed into the home to provide the last bit & also to power the gear in the pit. It saves them having to dig at the customers premises to run fibre all the way into the house, and also saves them having to get a power feed. In some ways it is similar to FTTN, but doesn't require a separate cabinet; supplies far fewer premises per node; and reduces the distance for the copper portion.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

tristen (25-11-16)