Thread: Samsung Galaxy S7 - Glass Screen Saver

Banned
    Thanks

Default Samsung Galaxy S7 - Glass Screen Saver

Been looking for the glass film screen protector for a Samsung Galaxy S7. Got one fitted at a local retailer but it does not go all the way to the edge of the screen and does not stick down around the edges. I suspect it is actually a S6 or S5 protector

Took it back and the retailer said they all the protectors are the same for the S7 as at the edges the screen curves a little (this is not an S7 Edge). We indicated that if we had know the protector does not actually fully covered the screen we would not have got it.

Have now done a google on the glass film screen protectors for the S7 and nothing comes up. There are some plastic film protectors but these do not last long. Glass film is much higher duty.

Anyone got a glass film screen protector for the S7 that actually covers the screen.

Garry

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Actually Garry I got a shockproof, waterproof case for mine. How shock, and water proof, I hope never to find out, but I am usually pretty rough on phones so, if this lasts my contract, I'll be extremely happy. So far, so good.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

ebay has them and there is a flat and curved for the s7

Last edited by Dishtrackted; 27-11-16 at 08:12 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dishtrackted View Post
    ebay has them and there is a flat and curved for the s7

Thanks - they are the type we have - they do not cover the entire screen only the flat bits (shoes this in the listings) so the perimeter of the screen is not covered.

If you see this listing (zoom in on the pic) you can see the protector is a couple of mm in from the edge all the way around. - the screen of the S7 (not the S7 edge) is actually curved at the perimeter - sides of the screen so the glass protector does not work.

Stop the press

This one might be the go :-)
    Last edited by garrycol; 27-11-16 at 11:25 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Same problem happened wit my HTC desire EYE. I tried different Glasses of different companies. Most of those glasses do not reach the edge. I tried different companies and only one matched perfectly.

Banned
    Thanks

You can go for tampered glass screen protector ... This one I guess, will work for you.

Banned
    Thanks

I have an objection about this thread's title. I don't think it should be Glass Screen Saver. Screensaver means completely different thing then what is described here. The title could be Glass Screen protector, or Temper glass, or Temper glass protector,, or something similar. But not what is here right now. This title should be changed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynishan View Post
    I have an objection about this thread's title. I don't think it should be Glass Screen Saver. Screensaver means completely different thing then what is described here. The title could be Glass Screen protector, or Temper glass, or Temper glass protector,, or something similar. But not what is here right now. This title should be changed.

Who made you Austech's Donald Trump?

The title (and the OP's) post is perfectly 'clear' what it's about.

You have not offered any suggestion to help the OP... just a whinge because YOU don't like the title.

Any more crap like this from you and I'll give you something to whinge about.

EDIT: Discovered Jimmynishan and Tomsonn are the same person... both banned.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynishan View Post
    Oh dear - screen saver, screen protector - your tomato is my tomarto

Got a screen saver from JB - same issue - does not cover the screen and while sold as glass was in fact matt plastic and was returned - they initially refused to take it as it had been installed - soon sorted.

The Kogan one also does not completely cover the screen - one has been ordered from the the Samsung site so it should fit but they seem reluctant to send it off - maybe no stock - as the order was placed a while back and not sent with lots of excuses.

Thanks for the input.

garry

Banned
    Thanks

I don't prefer to buy Glass Screen saver from any online store. I had a terrible experience. It is always better to go any retail shop and buy one.

Banned
    Thanks

We gave up as there is no suitable glass screen protector/saver available for this phone that fully covers the screen.

Samsung were not even able to supply anything.

Thanks

this isnt curved enough?

Banned
    Thanks

That is a Galaxy S7 Edge not a Galaxy S7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Actually Garry I got a shockproof, waterproof case for mine. How shock, and water proof, I hope never to find out, but I am usually pretty rough on phones so, if this lasts my contract, I'll be extremely happy. So far, so good.
    I bought a lifeproof case that is water and dust proof and i have tested it under water while snorkling and it works well, i bought a really cheap polycarbonate case with a silicone screen cover but although it is waterproof it's also sound proof and cant hear a bloody thing when its on.

Banned
    Thanks

Yes - I have one for another phone - I only use it when i go out on the boat - however for the S7 just looking for the glass screen protector - because of the slight rounding of the screen (not as much as the edge) the S7 glass protectors stop before the edge so part of the screen around the perimeter is exposed = probably not an issue but just doesnt look right. The plastic protectors will mould but not the glass ones. Sellers all say they fit but do not - Samsung list one but had to refund when they found that theirs does not even fit.

So there is no point continuing to look.

Thanks for all the input.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

I've not seen any screen protectors that go right to the edge of the screen, For that you need a proper case.

FWIW my shockproof case seems to be working well so far, I've managed to break the lanyard that hangs around my neck three times since this thread started, but the phone is still good.
    Last edited by lsemmens; 18-01-17 at 11:25 AM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I replaced a cracked screen on my S7 edge phone about 6 months ago ..it cost me $500 not good as it was a Hong Kong original Unit ... i.e. I could not do through Samsung repair for about $300

Just before Christmas, I accidently dropped it again !!!!! now it is staying cracked for the moment until I decide to repair or replace it - however I do plan to invest in a tempered screen once I get this mess sorted out ... it would seem to me this should do the job, curved screen and all.... or am I missing something here ?

Banned
    Thanks

No you are not missing anything except you have a different phone to what is being discussed in this thread. You have an S7 Edge for which tempered glass protectors that are curved to match the Edge.

On this thread we are talking the standard S7 - the screen looks flat but it is not - the edge has a slight curve in it so the tempered glass protectors stop before this leaving the edge of the screen exposed - and looking unsightly.

The Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge are different in the screen area so use different screen protectors.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    No you are not missing anything except you have a different phone to what is being discussed in this thread. You have an S7 Edge for which tempered glass protectors that are curved to match the Edge.

On this thread we are talking the standard S7 - the screen looks flat but it is not - the edge has a slight curve in it so the tempered glass protectors stop before this leaving the edge of the screen exposed - and looking unsightly.

The Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge are different in the screen area so use different screen protectors.
    OK thanks

Thanks

I have one of these on my iPhone 7Plus - this is the Samsung Galaxy 7 version,

can't vouch for the quality and or fit - but the ones I got in for the iPhone 7 are bloody fantastic and cover the corners beautifully - make sure you search for the "3D" tempered glass version

f
    有段者