Thread: Microsoft Outlook 2016 issue

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Default Microsoft Outlook 2016 issue

Hey guys,

So, I've got this thing that Outlook is doing every time I load it.

As normal, it always asks you first if it's OK for it to download the images in emails. You can tell it to do so by right clicking, and selecting download pictures, etc. Obviously a little annoying each time, so there is the option of adding the sender and even the sender's domain (if from an organization/company you trust and you get emails from several of their people) to the safe senders list.

I do this and all works fine. Till the next time I load Outlook. Then it somehow has forgotten all the people/domains on my safe senders list and I have to do it all over again and download all the pictures again.

Has someone experienced this before and did you find a work-around or solution? It's pretty annoying.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Are you sure it has forgotten all on your safe senders list?

I find a similar thing, but it's usually due to a sender's bulk mail handling agent having a slightly different address.

This is mainly online stores etc... personal email is OK.

Perhaps there's an option to delete details (history) at program close, like some programs have?

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

irritant (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

It could be, but most of my emails are from my university and I have added the university domain to the safe senders list, so all emails from them should be OK from that point on, but, alas, it asks me again next time I open Outlook if I wish to download pictures and it asks me again if I want to add sender/domain to safe senders list.

Funnily enough, with commercial emails (online stores, etc.) it actually seems to remember some of them (not always). Sometimes I have to download sometimes I don't. The domains stay the same each time (senders bulk mail agent has the correct address).

It might very well be something that deletes details on program close, so I'll check it out, thanks mtv.