Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally lol

Thanks

They are good at obfuscating, and lying. It is almost impossible to get past the FOREIGN call centre. The Dodo level 2 TIO case manager had no more access than I did.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

My area got switched on last Feb. After all the fanfare etc I thought I better pull my finger out only to find I can't get nbn as my neighbours as well but around the corner no probs. I sent an email to nbn co and actually got a reply. Supposed I have to wait a little longer.

Thank you for your enquiry to nbn. The reference number for your enquiry is 01320207.

We apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the delay in being able to order your service at
    nbn has identified that there are a number of premises within the Fibre to the Node (FTTN) footprint that are unable to receive a connection to the nbn™ network at the minimum speeds of 25/5 Megabits per second (Mbps). This can be due to a number of

nbn is conducting the additional works required to ensure affected premises will have a better internet service than otherwise may have been possible, including where necessary, the installation of micronodes.

The project which will allow these premises to connect is underway and we anticipate it will be completed by October 2017. We appreciate your patience and please be assured that you have not been overlooked and that your address is part of this project.
    If you require further information, please reply to this email or call us on 1800 OUR NBN (1800 687 626), quoting the above reference number and a consultant will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Thanks

Off to a great start so much for choosing an aussie company for my nbn lol Ordered on monday morning and since haven't heard a thing eg app date modem arrival. A few people around me put in the order same time as me and they all have 21st as the connection date. Contacted my rsp via email and forum message and haven't heard a thing. The only thing i got is an email telling everyone that the unlimited voip plan has gone up from 20 dollars to 25.95 due to costs passed on by there provider and an increase of 5 dollars had to be applied even though its nearly 6 dollars.
    If i don't hear from them today is it possible to cancel even though they supposedly have put and order in with nbn?
    Last edited by levend; 20-07-17 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks

Well found out today after ringing that nbnco rejected the order due to an fnn not found.
    What a joke of a company even though i have an active phone and adsl2 going.

Thanks

Lol after i rang nbnco and asked my rsp to put in another request this time it went through straight away unreal now have to wait till next wed for it to get hooked up.

Thanks

So yest the day came and nbn came and hooked my line up at 1 pm. They said give it and hour or two and it will be activated. By 6 pm still no nbn i rang rsp he said he haven't been given the all clear from nbn so he couldn't activate the line and give t a little longer. So i go to bed watch tv fall asleep wake up at 4 and still no nbn.
    I hope Sail didn't curse me lol. On the plus my iprimus is still working don't know how cause i signed the new modem to my new rsp details and its downloading at 34 the up is still adsl crap speed.

Thanks

So the nbn is now active and speeds are the same 29 down and 0.38 up wtf? My modem stats are this and the nbn guy said i should get the full speeds when he done a test on the line as i'm only 300 mt from the node.

Upstream Downstream
    Current Rate (Kbps) 44199 107735
    Max Rate (Kbps) 57987 131873
    SNR Margin (dB) 13.8 13.5
    Line Attenuation (dB) 15.5 8
    Errors (Pkts) 0 0

Does anyone have a clue what the stats say and what might be wrong?

Thanks

Your current connection speed is 107 Mbps down, 44 Mbps up.
    Your max attainable rate is 131 Mbps down, 57 Mbps up.

Where did you get the 29 down and 0.38 up figure from?

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tech4U For This Useful Post:

levend (29-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tech4U View Post
    Your current connection speed is 107 Mbps down, 44 Mbps up.
    Your max attainable rate is 131 Mbps down, 57 Mbps up.

Where did you get the 29 down and 0.38 up figure from?
    All the speed tests I do on different places and they all come up the same.
    But I don't need that to tell me as I can see from browsing it's no faster than I was with ADSL.
    Either my rsp is saying bs and hasn't activated the line or something weird is happening.
    I had the house rewired to one socket in readiness so I know it isn't my end.

• The Following User Says Thank You to levend For This Useful Post:

xapi (29-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    All the speed tests I do on different places and they all come up the same.
    But I don't need that to tell me as I can see from browsing it's no faster than I was with ADSL.
    Either my rsp is saying bs and hasn't activated the line or something weird is happening.
    I had the house rewired to one socket in readiness so I know it isn't my end.
    Your FTTN connection is definitely activated, as your connection speeds show 107 Mbps down, 44 Mbps up.

How are you connecting your computer to the router? If it's wireless, try connecting with a cable, to rule out that as a problem.

It suppose it could possibly be a CVC capacity problem, but that normally will only happen during peak times, and it will not usually affect your uploads. Might be time to give your RSP a call mate.

levend (29-07-17)

Thanks

Your FTTN connection is definitely activated, as your connection speeds show 107 Mbps down, 44 Mbps up.

How are you connecting your computer to the router? If it's wireless, try connecting with a cable, to rule out that as a problem.

It suppose it could possibly be a CVC capacity problem, but that normally will only happen during peak times, and it will not usually affect your uploads. Might be time to give your RSP a call mate.
    Yeah connected via ethernet and those modem stats were there prior to activation so were the same speeds. I have contacted them and they put in a fault with nbn and told them to take me off the stabilty profile.
    Its a small australian rsp i thought i might give them a go but it don't look like much good even though they have some great reviews.
    On my end i have done all i could as i was ready before connection and the modem stats say that the line is fine so why not showing especially the upload between 0.38 to the best i got was 1.02.

Thanks

How does cvc work anyway do they buy cvc for all the network or each area they buy?

Thanks

They purchase CVC for each Point of Interconnect, there are 121 POI, not all RSP's service all POI.

levend (30-07-17)

Thanks

They purchase CVC for each Point of Interconnect, there are 121 POI, not all RSP's service all POI.
    Ha ok thanks aussie broadband said they cant hook anyone in my area till sept 20th but apart from them all the others have major horror stories so if this dudes don't fix it up i would have to wait till then to experience real nbn.

Thanks

I forgot to mention, what are your pings like? Every time I've seen CVC capacity issues, it's always been accompanied with high pings.

Thanks

I forgot to mention, what are your pings like? Every time I've seen CVC capacity issues, it's always been accompanied with high pings.
    Thats another weird thing as the rsp said he had never seen pings this good 0 to 30 mostly at the lower scale.

AGAIN
    Aus Net Servers Australia Pty Ltd
    Ballarat
    CHANGE SERVER
    iPrimus
    1 stars
    PING
    7 ms
    DOWNLOAD
    32.45 Mbps
    UPLOAD
    0.51 Mbps
    SHARE THIS RESULT

this morning.
    Last edited by levend; 31-07-17 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks

I was seeing some CVC congestion on my connection last night, so figured I'd post up the speed tests so you can see what it actually looks like.

9:00 PM last night:

And this is the normal speeds at 10:00 AM this morning:

Thanks

PING
    8 ms
    DOWNLOAD
    31.87 Mbps
    UPLOAD
    1.09 Mb
    another day goes by still same shitty speeds. I might as well join MR if thats what the nbn is like at least i would know what to expect.

Thanks

Forgot to mention no phone yet either lol

Thanks

Another day goes by and still nothing fixed and no phone i wonder if i should move but i can't as the voip is in the process of porting and no rsp will touch it till it's fixed.
    PING
    0 ms
    DOWNLOAD
    33.34 Mbps
    UPLOAD
    0.72 Mbps

• Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast