Thread: Where did that speed come from?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Where did that speed come from?

Telstra 100/40 plan (given extra Boost)
    On Friday we have been connected to NBN Via FTTN. Now I got the Telstra 4 Port modem (Telstra Gatewat Max. Technicolor brand ) on Monday so I decided to connect it to the ADSL whilst i'm waiting for NBN to be switched over.
    On Friday whilst I was on Austech the Modem came up with a RED LED and the internet was dead so what I did I jumped into the car and drove to our pillar which is 950M away. Now I got there and Telstra and NBN guys were there removing the jumpers and I told the guys there are you doing phone number """."""" and he replied yes. You have your Modem connected and I said yes for days and he said to me You better go home know.
    I will give you the distances. House to Pillar is 950 M if you follow the road but it could be Longer. The Node is 200M further away so In total from the House to the node is 1150+++ if you take in account we could have three cul-de-sac where the cable could go so my question is we have greater speeds than anyone expected. Yep i have speeds above the National average.
    Now I do not have the Star wiring on our home, I have Cat 5 Cable between Telstra Box on the wall into the Computer room, and I'm still waiting for a recommended RJ11 socket Cat 5 or 6 cable that is hard to get (got it from the UK) from the wall plate to the Modem.
    Now the Impossible speeds are.

DSL Status
    Up
    DSL Uptime
    3days 0hours 40min 21sec
    DSL Type
    VDSL2
    DSL Mode
    Fast
    Maximum Line rate
    9 Mbps 42.34 Mbps
    Line Rate
    9 Mbps 40.62 Mbps
    Data Transferred
    1982.22 MBytes 2060.7 MBytes
    Output Power
    6.3 dBm 13.4 dBm
    Line Attenuation
    10.8, 49.9, 73.5 dB 23.1, 61.2, 90.3 dB
    Noise Margin
    5.5 dB 6.6 dB

It has been this with little variation all week end even during the peak period. The Nation average is 30Mb per sec on D/L for 1100M away from the Node.
    Now What Gives ?? Not Complaining

Look Here ->
    Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Why are you paying for 100/40?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Why are you paying for 100/40?
    Testing, testing
    Today I will go to 50/20. I still want to know Why the Speed when everyone said its impossible to get our speed at the distance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Testing, testing
    Today I will go to 50/20. I still want to know Why the Speed when everyone said its impossible to get our speed at the distance
    Depends how many people have hooked up to nbn in your area (node) condition of the copper, Those speeds are common for your distance as what you quoted ave is 30 is just that ave as some get more and some get less.
    Newer suburbs would have better infrasture eg a 20 year old suburb would have better copper than a 50 plus suburb. God knows our house was build in the 60s and we have lived here for 40 years and the copper is the same.