Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally lol

Thanks

Possibly but at what stage and who would have thought the Big O could and would have operated so quickly. 🍻
    Damn phone has runout of download so extra charges will be applied. 😐
    Last edited by sail; 06-06-17 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    TIO complaint yielded result the same day. 😀
    I just took phone call from TPG and install has been moved from the 21st July to next Friday (9th June) between 1 and 5pm
    Not bad with it taking less than 5 hours to get NBN and ISP into action.
    Thanks to the TIO in shoving a cracker up their arses. 😑
    UPDATE:

NBN contractors showed up last Friday but soon discovered no signal. The fault being the previous cable layers had not left enough length where it finished across and up the street to terminate it.
    Contractors said not a problem and will lay a new cable but time had run out on the Friday.
    I finally heard from my NBN case manager yesterday. Five days later just to tell me they are investigating the problem. FOOK WE KNOW THE PROBLEM!

To rub salt into the wound I am having a coffee at a local cafe using their WiFi and the whole street outside their cafe and half dozen shops is blocked by NBN contractors digging up the footpath laying bloody cable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A week to investigate and approaching six months of NO INTERNET!

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

xapi (15-06-17)

Thanks

Email yesterday saying installation to happen this Monday between 8am and Midday. I will believe it when it happens. Snail mail from NBN today said between 29th June and December 2017. #### wits.

Ironically I sent mate down to my internet cafe to download a Kindle book and he replied that the cafe's internet was down. They blamed the NBN contractors working outside.

NIGHTMARE PLEASE END!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Email yesterday saying installation to happen this Monday between 8am and Midday. I will believe it when it happens. Snail mail from NBN today said between 29th June and December 2017. #### wits.

Ironically I sent mate down to my internet cafe to download a Kindle book and he replied that the cafe's internet was down. They blamed the NBN contractors working outside.

NIGHTMARE PLEASE END!
    At the end of my street I see contractors proudly displaying NBN logos. After reading your nightmare saga I am less than excited.

Thanks

NIGHTMARE PLEASE END!
    I think my problems are starting before they begin lol.
    NBNCO when i punch in my addy says i'm ready for nbn and to contact a supplier.
    Anyway i chose my supplier after checking out so many and to my surprise none of them can find my address?

Great news! You can now switch to the nbn™ network. High Street, Kangaroo Flat VIC 3555 Now punch it in isp site and says cant find it only one that comes up is the number calder highway kangaroo flat 3555 and in one website it comes up number high st 3555 no suburb listed.
    My isp contacted me yesterday stating they cant find the address and will check it up with nbnco.
    Anyone else have had the same problem?
    PS the isp said that nbnco uses 2 databases one for the customer and one for isps?

Thanks

Now the bumpy ride begins. Hope it is quicker than ours and smoother. 😉

Got this from TPG today...
    Dear Customer,

Your TPG Internet account is in credit by $149.97.

A copy of your current Statement of Account and your recent invoices
    are attached for your records.
    That is for their charges to us for supplying NOTHING! ☺️
    Further compensation to be discussed upon (if ever) the installation is completed.
    Roll on Monday.

levend (20-06-17)

Thanks

FOOKING FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!

Tech turned up late then mentioned something about a stuff up and then disappeared without talking to me. He returned 30 minutes later and completed the install.

Lucky I was home as he wanted to run ugly, large round white conduit up from main decking on a wall amongst nice garden. Settled on another out of sight location and through the roof.

I hope others do not have such a long wait.

levend (20-06-17)

Thanks

Glad to hear it enjoy and hope it works as should for you.
    I'm sure we will hear more horror nbn stories
    but glad yours has finished.

• The Following User Says Thank You to levend For This Useful Post:

sail (20-06-17)

Thanks

So the big day has arrived 14th july when nbnco says our services go live. So far no messages from nbnco my rsp doesn't know anything yet. Nbnco web site says ready for service but map says our is b which means build in progress. Telstra page for the rollout says 14th july iand i was told that is the most reliable info. So what do i do to find out properly?
    I wasn't worried about switching but lately iprimus goes down more times than it is on.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    I wasn't worried about switching but lately iprimus goes down more times than it is on.
    Yes...strange coincidence that.

They have just finished putting the finishing touches to the node halfway along my street and suddenly my ADSL has gone from a steady 18 -21 Mbps to five days of 3Mbps and now 13Mbps after numerous complaints.

I'm sure it is not a deliberate crippling of my previous very fast ADSL to convince me of the benefits of the new great NBN......They would never do that...Would they?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

levend (14-07-17),lsemmens (15-07-17),william10 (14-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    So the big day has arrived 14th july when nbnco says our services go live. So far no messages from nbnco my rsp doesn't know anything yet. Nbnco web site says ready for service but map says our is b which means build in progress. Telstra page for the rollout says 14th july iand i was told that is the most reliable info. So what do i do to find out properly?
    Good luck and hope it happens today.

Did they say morning or afternoon?

Do not let them run big round white conduit where it will look ugly. Force them to find another access point like through the roof cavity. My Sparky mate finally turned up and ran small cable duct up to the eaves in a spot out of sight from main decking.

Fingers crossed all is completed today.

levend (14-07-17)

Thanks

Do not let them run big round white conduit where it will look ugly. Force them to find another access point like through the roof cavity. My Sparky mate finally turned up and ran small cable duct up to the eaves in a spot out of sight from main decking.

The rsp doesn't even know when it will be available even though nbnco said today. I rang nbn to find out also cause the rsp is given different street name than what it really is and they said not to worry apparently it's the same st and the service isn't ready quiet yet so off to a good start. lol.

Thanks

I had a sparky rewire the house line we are going to be on the crappy fttn so they shouldn't have to run any wire to the house just connect the copper to the nod.

Thanks

Talked to nbnco and they said we have 2 address for your premises. I said tell me about it thats why i'm ringing. Anyway he checked and said not to worry they seem to be the same address. So when i punch in the alternative name it says under construction not available and yet the right address say it's ready i can't believe this mob.
    He also said even though today was announced as the area going live they are not ready yet as there is a slight delay. I asked how slight he said perhaps one or two weeks he didn't even know. Than he said anything else i can help you with? i said no you have helped enough and hung up the phone.
    Last edited by levend; 15-07-17 at 11:46 AM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

That capping and casing in your link, sail, is for internal use, unless they've done some major upgrades to the stuff, which seems unlikely.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Finally nightmare nearly over order is in roughly new fttn connection in days not sure? Some company's are faster than others.I went with a small australian company so i can keep my money flowing here called Infinity telco with local support and the owner Jake goes out of his way to help you out and doesn't push for sales.
    I found out that i'm 250 mtrs from node so should be able to get the higher speeds.
    How has your fttn service been going is it reliable? And did it take long to hook up except you Sail i already know your horror hehehe,

Thanks

FTTN in our area was made avaialble on Jan 7. I immediately signed with MyRepublic. The router was delivered within 5 days, and they gace me a connection date of Jan 30. I plugged the modem in to our existiong Dodo ADSL2+ service the day it arrived, and around 10 AM on the 30th, the line went dead, and the came up again with VDSL active. I called reset the router to defaults, called MR, and we were active that afternoon.

That is when the problems started. I had requested a port of our landline phone number, and MR told me it was scheduled for FEB 3. We were overseas then, & I tried calling the number & got an unavailable message. MR told me that the number had been cancelled DESPITE my never having authorised this. That started months of chasing Dodo to get it re-activated & ported to my Dodo VOIP service (I had purposely kept this active), without success. I opened a case with the TIO who are an absolutley useless bunch of paper pushers, and get nowhere. I knew that Dodo are a Telstra reseller, and suspected the issue was always with Telstra, but the TIO wouldn't even talk to them as we weren't a Telstra customer. We came up with a "solution" where we would sign up to a Telstra voice service, Dodo would refund us, and Telstra would give us our number. Every time I spoke to Telstra, they would give me a number which I thought was an order number, but it appears that it was just a call record. They kept saying that Dodo still had the number & Dodo said they didn't. Apparently, when a phone number is cancelled, it is SUPPOSED to be quarantined for 6 months, however at the start of June (5 months after it was "cancelled"), my wife called our old number by mistake, and it was answered by a stranger. At this time I supposedly had a Telstra order to re-connect my phone. I called Telstra again, and they denied that an order had been raised, despite taking my credit card details and going through all the associated rigmarole. I tried to get them to negotiate with the person who now had the number we have had for over 40 years but got nowhere. I got back to the TIO wanker who said we didn't have any rights and that there was nothing they could do. We have now given up and got a new number from MR.

The moral is that if you are porting your phone number, get it done BEFORE you connect to the NBN.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    FTTN in our area was made avaialble on Jan 7. I immediately signed with MyRepublic. The router was delivered within 5 days, and they gace me a connection date of Jan 30. I plugged the modem in to our existiong Dodo ADSL2+ service the day it arrived, and around 10 AM on the 30th, the line went dead, and the came up again with VDSL active. I called reset the router to defaults, called MR, and we were active that afternoon.

That is when the problems started. I had requested a port of our landline phone number, and MR told me it was scheduled for FEB 3. We were overseas then, & I tried calling the number & got an unavailable message. MR told me that the number had been cancelled DESPITE my never having authorised this. That started months of chasing Dodo to get it re-activated & ported to my Dodo VOIP service (I had purposely kept this active), without success. I opened a case with the TIO who are an absolutley useless bunch of paper pushers, and get nowhere. I knew that Dodo are a Telstra reseller, and suspected the issue was always with Telstra, but the TIO wouldn't even talk to them as we weren't a Telstra customer. We came up with a "solution" where we would sign up to a Telstra voice service, Dodo would refund us, and Telstra would give us our number. Every time I spoke to Telstra, they would give me a number which I thought was an order number, but it appears that it was just a call record. They kept saying that Dodo still had the number & Dodo said they didn't. Apparently, when a phone number is cancelled, it is SUPPOSED to be quarantined for 6 months, however at the start of June (5 months after it was "cancelled"), my wife called our old number by mistake, and it was answered by a stranger. At this time I supposedly had a Telstra order to re-connect my phone. I called Telstra again, and they denied that an order had been raised, despite taking my credit card details and going through all the associated rigmarole. I tried to get them to negotiate with the person who now had the number we have had for over 40 years but got nowhere. I got back to the TIO wanker who said we didn't have any rights and that there was nothing they could do. We have now given up and got a new number from MR.

The moral is that if you are porting your phone number, get it done BEFORE you connect to the NBN.
    MR are notorious for slow connection.
    Usually the number gets ported if you are going voip with the same rsp a few days after the live nbn connection.
    I think most rsp take 5 to 10 days to connect a new fttn connection and 2 to 5 days for the phone to be ported.
    It pays to after all is crossed over to your new rsp if you are changing to ring up prior isp and to make sure your adsl and phone are cancelled so you don't get extra charges. By right it should auto cancel but in some case they pretend they don't know so pays to ring and make sure it is cancelled.
    The thing with cheap rsp like MR you get what you pay for.

Thanks

It was not MRs problem. They were REALLY good and efficient. The elephant in the room was Telstra! Dodo purchase their services (at least in our area), and Telstra unilaterally CANCELLED our phone. I had at all time maintained my account with Dodo, and did not authorise ANY changes. I was paying for and USING a VOIP service from Dodo before and after our change to NBN. Telstra appear to be able to do whatever they like, and you CANNOT get through to anyone with authority to fix their stuff ups. The TIO is completely useless where a 3rd party supplier is in the picture, as they will ONLY deal with provider with whom you have an account.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

You have a contract with your provider, it is they who have the contract with Telstra. Your provider is the one who should ensure that Telstra fix it up. Good luck with that!

FWIW, I've been with Telstra for years, the buck stops with them. If I have a problem, there is no duck shoving, because, guess what? They're it! So far, so good.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast