Thread: Opera Browser

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Opera Browser

I've just had to install Opera on my lappy as Firefox has become increasingly laggy. However, one item that is a nuisance is there does not seem to be any method whereby a single click on a link forces it to open in a new tab. I know about the alternatives, but I much prefer one click to open in new tab. Clicking on the scroll wheel works, but that can be a pain when it wants to scroll as you click.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

you used to be able to open a new page in a separate window but the setting has been missing for awhile now

Banned
    Thanks

I don't see how the scroll button be a pain to open a new tab. I don't see any reasonable cause to open a new tab WHILE YOU ARE SCROLLING. I'm waiting for your explanation here.

However, Opera released another Browser named "Opera Neon". Hope you already aware of that. Opera want us to play with it. Why not we start using it for a change

Premium Member
    Thanks

was not aware of neon,usually use the developer version of the trial releases d/l it now

LSemmens
    Thanks

@Alaves Clicking on the scroll wheel works, but that can be a pain when it wants to scroll as you click. I've highlighted the critical point. Of course I don't want to click whilst I am scrolling, nor do I want it to scroll as I am clicking, which is the issue with using the scroll button.

Thanks

I have firefox all secured up with a million add ons so when it wont let me open something I open Opera

The latest upgrade for FF has caused lots of crashes.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Although it's a little too early to be absolutely sure, I've had no immediate problems with Firefox since upgrading to the latest update, v.51.0.1.

I also have two other browsers installed in case of problems.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I've just had to install Opera on my lappy as Firefox has become increasingly laggy. However, one item that is a nuisance is there does not seem to be any method whereby a single click on a link forces it to open in a new tab.
    I have been using Opera for decades. They invented tabbed browsing.
    I am using the latest version right now and there is still a plus sign next to the tab I am viewing that opens a new tab with a single mouse click.

I never use Windows for online activities though, maybe that is your problem.

Edit: just re read your post, a right click on a link allows you to open in a new tab. That is technically two mouse clicks but if you can not live with that then Opera may not be for you.
    I am not aware of any way Firefox opened web links in a new tab with a single click either. The first click would always be required to select the link.
    However some websites have a script to directly open links in a new tab or more annoying in a new window.

As for my experience with Firefox, I too have to complain about the slow performance in later versions.
    Also certain live streams like for F1 racing that only work on an older version (V 21.0) for me, but also not viewable through Opera.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-02-17 at 10:53 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks

There is an extension in FF called TabMixPlus which, as part of its options allowed all links to be forced to open in a new tab. One click of the left mouse button is all it took. The nearest I could find is a setting in OPERA that allows for a long click on a link to open in a new tab, however, the moment you release the mouse over the link it also opens in the current window. So, my procedure has become, Long click and drag which seems to prevent the current window from getting updated.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

I noticed if you drag the link straight to the tab bar it opens in a new tab without affecting the current window. No long click required.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...