Thread: Kodi alternatives

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Default Kodi alternatives on android boxes

When reading a post some time back, some one mentioned that they use an alternative to Kodi which they claimed superior, which i should have asked about at the time
    Now with having to click and register links that last for only 4 hours to watch certain programs that are becoming more common and time consuming , what are the alternatives that members are using and how are they getting around this?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You probably found it by now - I guess you meant Puppet Master?
    The only thing is not clear to me - you say the link expires in 4 hours. In the case I am not sure anything can deal with the expired link unless the app can dynamically update. I haven't tested the puppet app yet, hopefully it can do it.

Premium Member

Thanks

Puppetmaster doesn't have the level of content on Kodi. It's mostly live stuff and catch ups.

The 4 hour thing is because the places that host the videos came to an understanding with the people who make the add-ons, so instead of the cat and mouse game where they would block direct links to videos, you know have to go and look at some ads when you want to load a video. Any alternative is probably going to have the same problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to pete123 For This Useful Post:

allover (15-01-17)

Thanks

Though i would chime in for anyone that reads this thread later.

Kodi is a free open source media center that plays video, music, etc. One feature that it comes with is the ability to install addons that bring additional features to kodi (installed via 3rd party repository, downloaded .zip file, etc) these addons are what is being discussed here addons such as Exodus and Pheonix can be installed to play video content that is stored generally on file lockers.

When these videos stop working they have usually been taken down on the file locker site, or have been added to a locker that requires 'premium' access to stream/download the content.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

I think most people reading this forum know what kodi is. The OP is asking about alternatives to kodi.

Thanks

Showbox and mobdro ?

Premium Member

Thanks

I was reading this today, to see how they choose the streams to show.

At the bottom it mentions Real-Debrid, which sounds like it might solve the problem of having to register links. Anyone tried it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    I think most people reading this forum know what kodi is. The OP is asking about alternatives to kodi.
    Thanks for you helpful post Onefella.

As you could probably read in my reply i did not answer OPs question, but replied to this topic in general as lately i am constantly seeing discussions where people think that these addons are a part of kodi not a 3rd party addon.

One of the biggest being people selling amazon fire sticks with sometimes over $100 added on top of the price of a stock fire stick and marketing it as a kodi device that plays movies and videos for free. If someone researching this finds a thread that sheds some light on this software and they learn more or go and do some more research themselves and i am happy and think it was a reply worth posting.

Quote Originally Posted by pete123 View Post
    I was reading this today, to see how they choose the streams to show.

At the bottom it mentions Real-Debrid, which sounds like it might solve the problem of having to register links. Anyone tried it?
    Hey Pete123,

Real-Debrid can be ok, i used the service a while back for downloading from some lockers. A few things to keep in mind, the service has a large number of supported hosts but not all, it is a shared service so if the bandwidth is high it will effect your service and also this service does not help if the file has been taken down for copyright.

But it might be worth a shot to test for a month or so? If you do let us know how you go.