Thread: Foxtel dedicated HD movie channel.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Foxtel dedicated HD movie channel.

I partly saw a promo for what I thought they said was a 'dedicated HD Movie channel' starting in either January or February as part of the 'Movie Package'
    Firstly I wondered if it will be available to those who dont have the HD option and is it to make up for losing TCM last month?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I partly saw a promo for what I thought they said was a 'dedicated HD Movie channel' starting in either January or February as part of the 'Movie Package'
    Firstly I wondered if it will be available to those who dont have the HD option and is it to make up for losing TCM last month?
    If it's a dedicated HD channel.... I would take it literally as being what it says.... Only available to those with the HD option.

Premium Member

Thanks

Other than Foxtel have been known to tell 'Porkies' like 'the first time on Television' for some of their programs I would agree with you totally MTV but time will tell.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,095 Times in 9,097 Posts

I have HD and there are several HD movie channels. Every now and then they start up a new limited time one for say...Star Wars or something like that.

Make up for TCM? Foxtel don't "make up" for anything. They got rid of TCM to save money and told everyone they were getting MORE value and that most of the movies would be available on Classics or some such, but thats bullsh*t. TCM have the license to the library.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

I must admit it was a shocker to hear your guys' Foxtel was dropping TCM. I don't even think MultiChoice here would pull such a dicky move.

Premium Member

Thanks

AdrianR, we havent totally lost TCM as its running under the title of 'Showtime Greats' I think it is.
    Over the years I am sure TCM has gone from an 'Included' channel to an optional fee one but I could be wrong on that as Foxtel likes to 'reshuffle/rename' channels and rearrange 'packages so that unless you keep a list or have a good memory, they sprinkle you with that bullshit powder which blinds you from clearly seeing their claims of more for your Dollar when in fact its the 'Same Old' but in a new fancy wrap.
    I caught more of the ad and I am sure they mentioned this is to be on 400 which at the moment is SD and they were running the Star Wars series and a few others on over the Xmas/New Year break.
    As for reruns, they claimed that scifi series Starfire was 'All New episodes' and 'first time screening' when it was cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons and is now in its 3rd repeat at least on Foxtel but I must admit it was on the Science ? channel but is now known as the Sci Fi channel.............
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-01-17 at 02:23 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

irritant (17-01-17)