Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell inspiron 11 3000 won't load OS, device Driver missing! Discussion in 'Dell' st

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

. . . and after I install the Dell system detect on my "Lenovo Thinkpad", . . .

(Because the image download WON'T start until it gets some kind of OK from the dell system detect install?)

. . . NOTHING happens!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

OK, went to Dell support and started new thread with the post below. It is so futile to follow directions that can't possibly work on a laptop that wont boot!
    What was Dell thinking twice,
    1) a machine with only a 32gb SSD,
    2) install a program, to get image file, on a machine that doesn't boot!

Dell thread . . .
    "I have a Dell Inspiron 11 3168, Tag GS5B0C2, that will not allow the re-installation of Win10 or a Win7 OS. I have tried all combinations of the BIOS Legacy/UEFI - Secure boot (OFF) settings, along with the USB boot memsticks having multiple different versions of Win10 and Win7.

I have even loaded Linux/GPart on to a USB memstick, booted into Linux Gparted and wipe the hard drive clean.

This laptop was given to me because someone, prior to me, had done "something" and it would not boot whatsoever or respond to any keystrokes other than Bios setup(F2) and boot order (F12), and I would get an on screen display of either generic DOS "No boot device" message or a Dell message saying "No boot device"!

As it stands with the hard drive wiped, and a bootable USB memstick loaded with either Win10 OR Win7, the installation process proceeds normally right up to the point where you choose the hard drive to install OS, and then an error message is displayed that says "A required drive device driver is missing" that does not appear to be on either version (Win10 or Win7) of the bootable USB memstick.

I opened this machine up and there is NO HDD or SSD in this unit, just a permanently mounted 32gb MMC chip from Sandisk.

The problem lies with WHATEVER OS I try to install with! (UEFI or LEGACY) It needs to access the "MMC 32gb" chip as a hard drive. I shot an email off to Sandisk (mfr of the MMC32gb Chip) and they say it was specially made for Dell and they cannot/will not supply the driver to me!

I was directed by a friend to go here(link below replace xx with tt) and select "Operating System" download for this 3168 and the MMC driver would be slip streamed into the image file download!!

hxxp://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-11-3168-2-in-1-laptop/drivers/advanced

I went to the link above to get "3168 " system image with MMC driver, and instead of downloading the 3186 image file, You MUST download a DELL "dellsystemdetectlauncher.application" file first, to start the Dell 3168 SER TAG: GS5B0C2 Image download! I guess something is supposed to happen after you install the above download, but nothing did.

A GOOD guess would be installing that file on my Lenovo Thinkpad was not the proper procedure. Where else would/could I install the dellsystemdetectlauncher.application" download considering the 3168 is NOT booting up?

So, beings the procedure recommended listed for getting the Dell 3168 is impossible to implement, how do I acquire/supply/provide that MMC driver or the 3168 image file to start the OS installation process?

Thank you in advance . . ."

Didn't mean to be redundant here but I don't want a reply from Dell saying not enough info, and I think the above will hopefully get me a working reply/fix!

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12