Thread: NESS EC08x Strobe pulse on arm/disarm gone

Thanks

Default NESS EC08x Strobe pulse on arm/disarm gone

HI All,

First of all I am an electronics engineer with some exp, but not a alarm installer. I've installed different alarms of various types over the years (10)

History
    =========
    When we arm/disarmed by wireless remote, we *had* the handy feature that the strobe would pulse.

While we were away the alarm went off twice and the power went off twice (my brother reset the power).

I replaced the dead - faulty 12V SLA cleared the alarm settings ... all good.. except the strobe was dead

I replace the all in one [strobe/siren 12V LEDon] with the newer version - SMD but all connections in the same place.

I tested the strobe pulse on arm disarm it flashed 3 times.

When I assembled [strobe/siren 12V LEDon], the alarm went dead and no 12V to the [strobe/siren 12V LEDon]
    Would not power off mains , would off battery.

I open the main panel and disconnected the power and the battery for 5min then re assembled and put back in to normal operation.
    ALL GOOD... except the strobe does not flash during arm/disarm, but the strobe does go off when burglar trigger activated.
    ==============

I went right through the installers manual and there is no setting to pulse the strobe.

Any clues

should I do a factory command P97E Clear Panel options to factory defaults

Regs
    Joe

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hello,

Have a look at P68E 7E "Single Shot strobe on Arm by R/Key" by default it is set to OFF

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyGo View Post
    HI All,

First of all I am an electronics engineer with some exp, but not a alarm installer. I've installed different alarms of various types over the years (10)

History
    =========
    When we arm/disarmed by wireless remote, we *had* the handy feature that the strobe would pulse.

While we were away the alarm went off twice and the power went off twice (my brother reset the power).

I replaced the dead - faulty 12V SLA cleared the alarm settings ... all good.. except the strobe was dead

I replace the all in one [strobe/siren 12V LEDon] with the newer version - SMD but all connections in the same place.

I tested the strobe pulse on arm disarm it flashed 3 times.

When I assembled [strobe/siren 12V LEDon], the alarm went dead and no 12V to the [strobe/siren 12V LEDon]
    Would not power off mains , would off battery.

I open the main panel and disconnected the power and the battery for 5min then re assembled and put back in to normal operation.
    ALL GOOD... except the strobe does not flash during arm/disarm, but the strobe does go off when burglar trigger activated.
    ==============

I went right through the installers manual and there is no setting to pulse the strobe.

Any clues

should I do a factory command P97E Clear Panel options to factory defaults

Regs
    Joe