Thread: Galaxy note 2 motherboard swap

Thanks

Default Galaxy note 2 motherboard swap

My wife's note 2 mb is toast and and in my searching i found a comment that said that the S2 note used the same internal's as an S3, any phone guru's here know if that is correct and parts can be swapped ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

not sure - I have a S3 and a Note 2 and the boards are obviously different size but have never actually looked at the parts.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Not sure about the other internals but to answer your question in the title the mother boards between the Note 2 and S3 can not be swapped. There are also different versions of the Note 2 and any motherboards on Ebay from overseas are unlikely to fit or work here.
    How did you confirm 100% that the MB is toast?
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 10-02-17 at 10:14 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Not sure about the other internals but to answer your question in the title the mother boards between the Note 2 and S3 can not be swapped. There are also different versions of the Note 2 and any motherboards on Ebay from overseas are unlikely to fit or work here.
    How did you confirm 100% that the MB is toast?
    Had a dunk in salt water and i wasnt around to resurrect it ( wifes phone ), i have removed the board and cleaned it with iso alcohol but i think it has corroded beyond repair.
    I googled the boards and they are similar but not swappable, rest of phone is good which is a shame to junk it.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    Had a dunk in salt water and i wasnt around to resurrect it ( wifes phone ), i have removed the board and cleaned it with iso alcohol but i think it has corroded beyond repair.
    I googled the boards and they are similar but not swappable, rest of phone is good which is a shame to junk it.
    Saltwater would have damaged the screen too, especially if it was not immediatly attended and was switched on and battery left in.

Was given an S3 that got wet.
    It was soaked and rinsed in demineralised water, then hair dryer, waited for 24h before testing.
    Screen toast, would make the MB get hot.
    MB survived and could be used in another S3.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-02-17 at 04:06 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Saltwater would have damaged the screen too, especially if it was not immediatly attended and was switched on and battery left in.

Was given an S3 that got wet.
    It was soaked and rinsed in demineralised water, then hair dryer, waited for 24h before testing.
    Screen toast, would make the MB get hot.
    MB survived and could be used in another S3.
    I was meaning cosmetically good as I can't test the screen anyway.

Sent from my K4000_PRO using Tapatalk