Thread: XPR6550 CON+ Upgrade

Thanks

Question XPR6550 CON+ Upgrade

I needed to upgrade some xpr6550 to be able to operate on a conn+ system and I was wondering what it takes to do this. I know you have to install the conn+ option board but I was wondering if you needed to enable an EID as well. Any advice would be appretiated, thank you.
    Last edited by acca; 18-02-17 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Had a typo

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 729 Posts

There is no EID needed for conn+. Install the option board, load the firmware (part of CPCPS) then edit the TG, freq bands etc.

Remember most conn+ systems log all incomming IDs since there is no non-affiliate mod. If the ID is duplicated or not in the valid users list the unit will not work.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynt123 For This Useful Post:

acca (18-02-17),p47r4ck (18-02-17)

Thanks

Ok, thanks. I will try this out and let you know if I need any more help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lynt123 View Post
    There is no EID needed for conn+. Install the option board, load the firmware (part of CPCPS) then edit the TG, freq bands etc.

Remember most conn+ systems log all incomming IDs since there is no non-affiliate mod. If the ID is duplicated or not in the valid users list the unit will not work.
    Would you happen to know where I can find the conn+ CPS... I have tried searching the forums and have had no luck.
    Last edited by acca; 18-02-17 at 05:18 AM. Reason: misunderstood the post

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acca View Post
    Would you happen to know where I can find the conn+ CPS... I have tried searching the forums and have had no luck.
    Give this a shot :

• The Following User Says Thank You to p47r4ck For This Useful Post:

acca (20-02-17)

Thanks

I thought i read someone beside the radio id it sends the ESN or physical serial with affiliation?

Thanks

first, the radio must have license Conect Plus
    Second, you must program a zone for connect plus with CPS Mototrbo and a valid ID with the serial number of your radio in the system controller XRC9000.

Third, you must program the Option Board card with a valid group in the XRC9000 controller

if you are not autirizado by the System Administrator you will not be able to communicate within the system.

Thanks

Yes I am authorized to be on the system I just need to figure out how to get the xpr6550 conn+ enabled. So far I have installed the conn+ boards on the my xpr6550 radios and the radios are able to be written to via Conn+ CPS however after the radio powers up I just get an error message that says "Conntec Plus Unauthorized" is this because I need to purchase EID's to enable Conn+ opperation (I assume this is what u mean dhenar by "Radio must have license connect plus") or is there something I am missing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 729 Posts

Step 1 is that the radio must be have the connect plus option enabled. It seems most later NA units have this already enabled since the option board is already installed.. To check it connect the radio and go to features-view registered features. The connect plus should say purchased. I just checked 3 customer xpr6550 and 1 brand new unit in the box all have the feature enabled. it is possible that you have a unit that was ordered and purchased without the feature if so then yes you will need to get the EID from Moto to enable the feature.

EDIT
    I apologize it seems that you do need an EID for connect plus if the unit was purchased without it. I always order units with most available options enabled so that radios have the most flexibility. Having something like con+ enabled has saved me no end of trouble in not having to go back and update whole fleets in the future.
    Last edited by lynt123; 21-02-17 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks

Ok, thank you. this has cleared things up. Looks like I will be giving Motorola some money lol...

Premium Member
    Thanks

From what I recall, in the USA a CP EID is about $50. This was about a year ago that I last had to buy a CP EID.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ATechGuy For This Useful Post:

acca (22-02-17)

• Members who have read this thread: 66